All Topics / General Property / Best suburb to spend 200K IP in Perth.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of zenzen
    @zen

My friend is looking for a first IP in Perth for around 200K. It must be a house so it can be rented to his mom. Where is the best suburb to get into for the price range and why.

Profile photo of PurpleKissPurpleKiss
    Participant
    @purplekiss

I guess he’s happy to have a negatively geared house then?

Rockingham is taking off, perhpas already taken off. But it’s got the ocean, the railway coming etc.

Perhaps Clarkson. Railway is extending north to Clarkson, maning easier access to the city.

There’s heaps of choices really. Where’s his mum live now, does she have friends close by, she may prefer to stay in that area.

Retning to family can be tricky too. How will he feel about increasing the rents in future years etc?

Happy hunting.
    PK

Profile photo of Mad-CatMad-Cat
    @mad-cat

There are houses in Gossnell area as well as places like willetton, rivervale and wilson. but they will all have to be neg geared. but there under that price

Profile photo of zenzen
    @zen

Yes, it will be negatively geared. She prefer locations between RoleyStone and Morley, near where the children live. I don’t think she will be looking too far out like Rockingham.
    He wants to invest and help his mum so won’t be getting much in rental. But he has a good income and already own a house.

Profile photo of PurpleKissPurpleKiss
    Participant
    @purplekiss

Well, Madcats’s ideas fit the area which you are looking. Beckenham and Kenwick may fit too.

Profile photo of AUSPROPAUSPROP
    Participant
    @ausprop

I would flag Beckenham, Maddington, Kenwick as high growth areas. another interesting one is ashfield – river side of the highway, close to city, reasonably priced

Extensive list of ‘Off The Plan’ property available for sale in Perth.

John – 0419 198 856

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.