All Topics / Help Needed! / Lease option – Rent to Buy

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of enuffisenuffenuffisenuff
    @enuffisenuff

Hi All

I am settling on a unit next month and am wanting to turn it into a +ve geared property so that I can move onto my next one. My best option for doing this I feel is to put a “rent to buy” option on it.

Is there anyone out there who has successfully implemented a lease option and has gone through advertising it, having real estate like signs outside the buldings etc.

Any help is much appreciated.

Cheers

EnuffIsEnuff

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

I’ve done some lease options, but let a real estate agent do all that for me.

In the end, I beleive that they way I did it (just like the examples in Steve’s books) was not worth it. For only a very small return I ended up giving away too much to the option holder.

If you are going to lease option, then i suggest you go for a short option term of maybe 2 years. You don’t want these dragging on much longer than that, and if you do a short term one, you could negotiate another option fee and a higher strike price if they wanted to go ahead.

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    North Sydney
    [email protected]

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of enuffisenuffenuffisenuff
    @enuffisenuff

Thanks Terry.

You just confirmed my thoughts on l/os. I am considering of only setting it up for 3 years.

Cheers

Marcelo

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.