Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Profile photo of dandandandan
    @dandan

Anyone else invest in shares?

I do because I can’t afford to invest in property yet.

Are you guys just property or a bit of both?

Profile photo of bwiemersbwiemers
    Participant
    @bwiemers

Hi Dandan,

I started investing in shares and are now moving toward investing in real estate as well.

Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school

Hi dandan,

Sure Do… (if you click on my signature… it will take you to a share website)

Cheers,
    sis

Wanna Talk About Stocks

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Participant
    @administrator

Hi,

Shares aren’t generally talked about here due to ASIC regulations.

Regards,

-Admin

Profile photo of Chief WigamChief Wigam
    Participant
    @chief-wigam

Hi Sis,

Thanks for the link to the shares web site. Are you into technical analysis?

Which techniques do you employ? Does anyone on the web site read the GUPPY books? [blink]

Mutant

Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school

Hi Cheif Wigam,

Originally posted by Chief Wigam:

Hi Sis,

Thanks for the link to the shares web site. Are you into technical analysis?

im purley into technical analysis.. alot of candlestick charting and momentum indicators i use…

Which techniques do you employ? Does anyone on the web site read the GUPPY books? [blink]

Mutant

I use a lot of Gann techniques and going long on options, the website has many different people from all different status of intra-day trading, to long term share trading/investing… but chat on there.. because of ASIC ruling on property investing website…

but you have all kinds of traders on there…

Happy Trading!

Cheers,
    sis

Wanna Talk About Stocks

Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo

you’ll need shares – in fact, you’ll need other investments aswell – it called,

“Multiple Streams of Income”

Kind regards,
    George.

I’ve found a way to help you save and earn whilst not selling or delivering any product. If interested, drop me an email or PM me to find out how

Profile photo of Andrew_AAndrew_A
    Participant
    @andrew_a
    Originally posted by admin:

Hi,

Shares aren’t generally talked about here due to ASIC regulations.

Regards,

-Admin

Does anyone else find this situation funny?

I attended a share investors group a week ago and they weren’t allowed to even display a current chart due to ASIC regulations.

Yet look at just who is allowed to give “education” about investing in RE. Hardly a level playing field I think.

WaySolid.

“Write the wrongs that are done to you in sand, but write the good things that happen to you on marble.” Arab proverb

Profile photo of Andrew_AAndrew_A
    Participant
    @andrew_a

Try the reefcap forums. Ozestocks forums is a growing community with at least a few posters who appear to walk the walk.

From what I have seen and read (I’m a learning shares novice) reefcap has the hardcore Aussie/NZ share people. At least one large fund trader (forex markets) posts there.

HotCopper is good for some light reading.

WaySolid.

“Write the wrongs that are done to you in sand, but write the good things that happen to you on marble.” Arab proverb

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

geo,

Interesting that you say we “need” shares. Why do we need them? I know multiple streams of income is a term used by some gurus… but why isn’t it enough for people to have an income, say, from a salary or property? Why do we need to also have vending machines, or a home internet marketing business? Not sure I understand the logic.

kay henry

Profile photo of Michael RMichael R
    @michael-r

“you’ll need shares – in fact, you’ll need other investments as well”

— This is not a recommendation to abide by. I personally have shares/stocks because of the liquidity – easy to cash-out. But I also have other investment vehicles to offset the risk and/or potential downturn in the markets.

Unless you understand the company/industry you are investing in, acquiring shares can be very high risk.

Also understand how the share market works – investors do not only make money when share prices are on the rise.

And do not rely soley on any broker – do your homework and closely monitor any company you have invested in.

“it called – “Multiple Streams of Income””

– Not necessarily correct.

It is called “diversifying your portfolio” – spreading the risk.

There is no guarantee shares, or any investment type, will generate an income stream.

— Michael

Profile photo of Michael RMichael R
    @michael-r

“Shares aren’t generally talked about here due to ASIC regulations.”

– There is nothing under ASIC regulations that prevents discussing shares as a topic in any public forum.

What is restricted is promoting specific shares/stocks/equities or disclosing information that may impact the shares or company.

— Michael

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.