All Topics / Forum Frolic / Are you serious????

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Profile photo of MonopolyMonopoly
    @monopoly

Hi all,

Well, I have often said there isn’t anything <100K in Victoria, but today I have proven myself wrong!!!!

Check this out:
    http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin/rsearch?a=o&ag=&s=vic&c=73002302&tm=1095484779&id=101830012&f=0&p=30&t=res&ty=&snf=ras&cu=&fmt=&header=

It is less than 100K, comes on a massive 2.5 acres of land, BUT you better make damn sure you don’t go in if you are suffering from flatulence otherwise all you’ll be left with is the land!!!

This has got to be the WORST “fixer-upper” I have ever seen!!! It doesn’t need major renovations (as stated); it needs a bloody miracle!!!

Jo [biggrin]

P.S. If you happen to be the poor misguided soul who has this place “under contract” all I can say is, WHAT WERE YOU THINKING???!!!! [blink]

Profile photo of Andrew_AAndrew_A
    Participant
    @andrew_a

Mono looks like you missed out! Bad luck :)

Combine this project with 2.5 acres (1 freehold title & 1 possessory right title)

Anyone know what 1 possessory right title means? Sounds like the first to build there will own it??

WaySolid

“Write the wrongs that are done to you in sand, but write the good things that happen to you on marble.” Arab proverb

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

hi all

Go for it Jo, it will be your first cash positive property !

seriously its not a bad area Glenorchy, i used to live at Stawell 30km away and there Jo you really can buy properties in good conditon (ex min of housing) for under 100K

westan

I live in New Zealand and for a fee find cash positive deals there, email me at [email protected] to join our database

Profile photo of MonopolyMonopoly
    @monopoly

Guys, give me a break will you pleazzzzzz!!!! [rolleyesanim]

One heavy breeze from any direction, and there won’t be cashflow anything!!!! [glum2]

As for being my first cashflow positive Westan, my IPs are ALL in the positive, what else would they be if there is no debt outstanding on them???

BTW Westan, I read somewhere that the population for Glenorchy was something like 508 !!!! [glum] That’ll do wonders for infrastructure!!!

The mind boggles!!! [rolleyes4][rolleyes5]

Stawell?? Yes that is true Westan, it is a much better area, however difficult to find good quality under 100K, take for example this one:

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin/rsearch?a=o&ag=&s=vic&c=56781891&tm=1095498152&id=101629642&f=0&p=30&t=res&ty=&snf=rbs&cu=&fmt=&header=

Not one of the better homes!!! [blink] Hmmmmm……No thanks, I’ll pass!!!

@westan

[blink][blink][blink][blink]

LOL i don’t know wether to laugh or not, thats a shocker i can’t believe that price, what a joke.

No try this one is better
    http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin/rsearch?a=o&ag=ZPCALC&s=vic&c=39288744&tm=1095499133&id=101867085&f=0&p=10&t=res&ty=&snf=rbs&cu=ZPCALC&fmt=&header=

actually its my brothers he want to sell so he can buy more in NZ

regards westan

I live in New Zealand and for a fee find cash positive deals there, email me at [email protected] to join our database

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

There are dozens of properties in Victoria for under 100k.

kay henry

@monopoly

Okay Kay, you’re on….name them!!!!

@kay-henry

Well, all one has to do is go to realestate.com.au, go to the state of Victoria, go to “priced to $200,000; tick “include surrounding suburbs”; go to “view by price”, and a million pages come up. Most of the first, say, 6 pages, are boat sheds, car parks, shops and trailers. But once you get past that, there are a heap of properties under 100k.

kay henry

@monopoly

Thanks for the tips Kay, but if you go to http://www.realestate.com.au and select “advanced search” you can actually narrow your search further by specifying the price (max) $100,000 and this (up to 5 mins ago) only resulted in about 7 pages (a better result than usual I must say, but not quite the millions hey???)and true, the first 3 as you said, being carparks, boatshed etc, which left about 4 of which every few ad was a vacant block of land!!! Oh yeah, there are (a) “heap” alright, mind you, I’m not referring to quantity when I say that (tongue-in-cheek)!!!

Now take a closer look, 2 of those little bargains include the two I have posted above, and the rest, well what can I say……if that sort of thing appeals; knock yourself out, but for my money; I’ll stick to property with potential!!!

Sure, some look respectable enough to live in maybe, but take a really long hard look at where they are located; hardly thriving townships!!!

Jo

@kay-henry

Yeah, as I said, there are dozens of properties under 100k in Vic. There are in all states.

kay henry

Profile photo of kpkp
    @kp

Whats wrong with you guys…that first property is awesome !!! Check out the chimney stack…its a classic.
    And the one in Stanwell has heaps of potential…asking 68k, what would you get it for ?? closer to 50k…you can’t go wrong.

You guys are way, way too fussy ( and spoilt)

Now where the hell is Victoria ????

Seriously, if you were closer to Stanwell, the 68k property just says potential…

KP

@monopoly

Yep kp, it SCREAMS it!!!!! [lmao]

Hey, in all seriousness Kay, yeah there “dozens” that’s true, but I guess my point is quality. Now if you could tell me these dozens had “quality” plastered all over em’ well, why bother….I know you wouldn’t/couldn’t!!!! Ah rats…who gives a…..!!!!

Profile photo of Andrew_AAndrew_A
    Participant
    @andrew_a

Is anyone going to answer my question about the 1 possessory right title?

Or are you too busy fighting?

[jerry]

WaySolid

“Write the wrongs that are done to you in sand, but write the good things that happen to you on marble.” Arab proverb

@monopoly

Hi Way [biggrin]

A possessory right title basically means that when the owner of the land (say for example) passes on, the ownership is transfered into another’s “possession”. Hence, in this case it is assumed that whoever buys the land (2.5 acres, with that poor excuse for a house on it) automatically becomes the owner of the additional title. That’s the simple explanation!!!

However, I believe that the adjacent land which is covered by the possessory right, is part of aboriginal land, and as such, is governed by laws to protect native interest.

Not 100% certain, however, it appears that it does not come unincumbered, and as such, may have a few headaches attached, which would explain the even cheaper price tag (on such a vast amount of land).

It doesn’t ACTUALLY spell out WHO has the possessory right against the title (government, aboriginal people etc???) as such rights usually will stipulate.

One possessory right, in the event of it being a mining town, for example could be as per the following:

RELEVANT POINTS OF LAW. In law, the word “claim” in connection with the phrase “mining claim” perfected with a valid mineral discovery, represents a federally recognized right in real property. … the provisions of the mining laws his possessory right, for all practical purposes of ownership, is as … unpatented mining claim remains a fully recognized possessory right

Jo

@westan

Hi kp

its stawell not stanwell (thats in Qld), gee i’d be really ofended if i still lived there.

Famous for the Stawell Gift the richest running race in Australia, and famous for its UUUMmmm the biggest active Goldd mine in Victoria and famous for its uuummmm being close to the Grampians National Park , can i claim that one ?

thats about it, STAWELL , now write it down 10 times before you forget. Oh its pronounced Stall. Not Sta- well as some might say it.

OK had my say, Bye

Profile photo of jancrowsjancrows
    @jancrows

Hi all
    Lets answer some questions.

1. where is Victoria ?? Its the place where they dream of having a Victorian Footy club win a Grand final.
    2. What the hell is wrong with that property ???
    I love character…………I once seen a before/after shot of a top place in Qld its building/House was near a 45 deg angle – the imagination and craftmanship the owners did was ” amazing” and i got the real view having to list it for sale when I used to work in R/E. Youd be amazed what u can achieve with effort … EFFORETT and imagination.
    Good on the folk that have taken it under contract.

R U gonna do a B & B………

Regards

“Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail” Ralph Waldo Emerson

@monopoly
    Originally posted by jancrows:

where is Victoria ?? Its the place where they dream of having a Victorian Footy club win a Grand final.

Is this kind of statement really healthy???[blush2]

Personally, I don’t care WHO wins the Grand Final, whether it is one of our (Vic) teams, or one from interstate!!! To me, whoever plays well enough to make it to the finals, and plays well on the day, deserves to win.

I don’t subscribe to such inferiority complexes and unsportsman/womanly statements!!!

As for the property, yes EFFORT and IMAGINATION (which had better be VIVID) can transform even the ugliest of ducklings, but you better make sure you have a sh**load of $$$ to support your efforts otherwise, you may end up in a worse condition than the property was to begin with!!![blush2]

BTW….you can reno to your heart’s content, but the property is still in the middle of NOWHERE!! So B & B to whom, passing birdlife??? And as for population it currently stands at 508 for heavens sake!!![blink] Get a grip!!!

@westan

Hi all

hey while we are talking footy

did i tell you that Tim Notting comes from Stawell.

Gosh i’m starting to think it may be the center of the Universe

westan

@monopoly

Hi Westan,

Yes yes yes…..STAWELL (pronounced STALL) is the gateway to the Grampians (not the centre of the universe, although it may well be to those who live there!!!) and how could we forget….home to the greatest FOOTRACE!!!

For those who were unable to spell it, let alone know where it is, I have provided one of many links that may help to enlighten you of it’s splendor:

http://www4.visitvictoria.com.au/displayObject.cfm/ObjectID.00079236-4946-1A6E-A1D280C476A90000/vvt.vhtml

BTW Westan, I personally have no problem with Stawell, and maybe it’s only “gift” aside from the famous footrace is Tim what’s-his-name!!!

Cheers, [biggrin]

Jo

P.S. Westan, I believe the centre of the universe is the place from which you hail, is it not??? [winking] (just having a lend) [tongue]

@westan

Hi Jo and all

yes Stawell used to be the Center of the Universe but there was a very slight shift in the cosmic forces and it is now in New Zealand in a Town called Balclutha, Pronounced Bal Clutha. Famous for its ………. HMmmmmm

bridge – yes it has a big bridge over a huge river called the clutha river.
    check out the picture , its on the bottom right hand side click to enlarge it
    http://www.newzealandphotos.co.nz/main.asp?filename=thumbs.asp&REF=DE&Page=1

and anyone who wants to see my part of the world
    http://www.dunedin-tourism.co.nz/otago/CluthaDistrict/

The link to Stawell makes it sound even better than i remember !!! No, it was an OK town. I’ve also lived in Echuca, Ballarat and Melbourne just for the record. Sorry to bore you all[blush2]

regards westan

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.