All Topics / General Property / Interesting area, consider only if you research

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

Hi Toughdeal

I think Mr Carr has bought in Queenstaown, one of NZ truely top locations. This market is expensive and sadly no cash positive deal here, but a great spot. I’m heading up there on Thursday for 5 days, our friends own a lovely holiday home there. When i’m lying in the bed and open the curtains i can look out at snow caped mountains- fantastic till the kids come in and destroy the peace.

regards westan

I live in New Zealand and for a fee find cash positive deals there, email me at [email protected] to join our database

Profile photo of Andrew_AAndrew_A
    Participant
    @andrew_a

Why aren’t threads like this deleted?

WaySolid

“Write the wrongs that are done to you in sand, but write the good things that happen to you on marble.” Arab proverb

Profile photo of DDDD
    @dd

Waysolid I have posts deleted all the time, one example is the “what to do with $15k” string. Because I gave an actual example of property available now that is neutrally priced if not positive, my post got deleted by a moderator in here who does what I dop and sources property for people. Seems that personal motivation is getting in the way of things for some at least…..

DD[blink]

Don’t sweat the small stuff,and it’s all small stuff!!

Profile photo of GambiniGambini
    @gambini

Not trying to be a prick but investing in tassie is so 2002[tired]
    but its still not bad i never spoke on tassie coz i thoughyt it would have been old news
    N E WAYZ GOOD LUCK[thumbsup2]

[king]gAMBINI

Profile photo of brahmsbrahms
    Participant
    @brahms

Why aren’t threads like this deleted?

WaySolid

2 pages of obvious marketing – bring it on moderators

Profile photo of YorkerYorker
    @yorker

What a valuable contribution Gambini…

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

Hi Yorker

just reminding you about my request for Data to back up your statements about the population growth of 5%. Since you challenged my data which is the Australian Burea of Statistics most recent available.

Thanks i look forward to seeing it.
    regards westan

I live in New Zealand and for a fee find cash positive deals there, email me at [email protected] to join our database

@yorker

Westan,

My source is a very high profile demographer who I lunch with frequently. He is very highly regarded, appearing almost every week in the media. I will ask his permission to forward it on to you should you think it will be of benefit. I think you guys are doing some fantastic work in NZ and only wish I had the knowledge to get into that market.

Profile photo of richmondrichmond
    Participant
    @richmond

Hi.

To be honest my BS detector works overtime when I read posts of Yorker’s pumping up Rosebery… for similar reasons that Westan posted elsewhere… but I don’t see any problem with this type of thread, if people want to invest in this town, it’s at their own peril. Then again, I always say horses for courses, so maybe I shouldn’t be too harsh. C’est la vie.

Cheers
    r

@yorker

Good sir Richmond,

I draw your attention to the subject title of the Post; ” Red hot tip. Shhh Don’t pass this on.” I just provide information, noone has to buy anything. Did I offer a property to purchase? Some people out there may have an active interest in the Tasmanian market.

Profile photo of recoverymanrecoveryman
    @recoveryman

Hi all
    what about Mt Isa? there are good deals if you are looking for postive cashflow, dont know about capital gain, better pop etc than roseberry
    I have 1 IP there not for sale
    glenn

“I should be content to look at a mountain for what it is and not as a comment on my life” D. Ignatow

Profile photo of aussierogueaussierogue
    Participant
    @aussierogue

yorker – just admit that you own there but then go on to say that you reckon its still a good place to buy. the way you have approached it has put people off rather than get them excited. no need to bullshit if your product sells itself..

Profile photo of Tough DealTough Deal
    @tough-deal

I don’t think Yorker or anyone for that matter would be overly phased by forumite’s buyer preferances. You make the small minded assumption that buyers only come from this forum. The issue was raised for discussion, which I think it has adequately occurred. Suggest you move on with your life and the great investments you have.

Participant
    @aussierogue

tough deal – ‘small minded’ – ‘move on with your life’. what are you trying to prove? im not the only one who thinks this thread is advertising!! maybe you are yorkers alter ego considering youve only made 3 posts. someone check this mans user id!!! hehe….

Profile photo of richmondrichmond
    Participant
    @richmond

I think all 3 of those posts have been in support of Yorker too… hmmmm.

@yorker

That’s a very interesting accusation to make, you have absolutely no proof and I am highly insulted. I am amazed that someone suggesting a hot spot could cause such tension. Don’t like the area, fine, don’t buy there, but don’t waste the valuable time of forumites with petty posts which don’t actually serve any constructive purpose.

Participant
    @aussierogue

no huge deal either way buy maust say now im 100 pct sure your the same person. yorker you are a classic.

Profile photo of Tough DealTough Deal
    @tough-deal

Actually you happen to be incorrect. Great forum…

Profile photo of ANUBISANUBIS
    Participant
    @anubis

Knowing how Yorker loves research

Median price for Rosebery was 25k in Dec 03, but by Mar 04 had reached 39k and 42k in June 04. A rise of 68% in 6 months – mainly attributable to mainland investment.

Now being a Tasmanian, I can tell you there is nothing attractive about Rosebery.

As for mining there only appears to be Zinc being mined there now – which is sent to Hobart for processing – and if you did some research you would find the Zinc commodity prices are depressed world wide.

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

Yep, Rosebery is not pretty. It is marginally prettier than the lunar landscape of queenstown, which is a terribly sad place :o(

As for talking up places… well, I can think of half a dozen forumites whose every post pretty much related to squawking about their own preferred buying area- from what you’d hear, these places are all picturesque million dollar mansions- but happened to be bought for the value price of a few bucks- amazing really! And you’d better get in RIGHT NOW before you miss out!

I find people talking up their own locales pretty lame- but it isn’t marketing, per se- it’s just dull. But ya get used to all the fruitiness on forums- they’re the same the world over :o)

Rosebery is pretty much like other mining towns- they’re all a bit depressed. Wheat belt towns, mining towns- much of a muchness.

Yorker- you’ve said in apost that miners earn $700 a week- sheesh- that’s a pittance- it is below Australia’s average wage by about 10k. And they earn that from doing the hard yards of being down a mine? Shame :o(

kay henry

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.