All Topics / Help Needed! / Need HELP !

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of ynotynot
    @ynot

Hi every one ,I just getting started and would like to know who does everyone use as a solicitor when purchasing property interstate? Do you use a solicitor from the town your are purchasing from ,who has local knowledge or due you use your regular one ?

THANKS would appreciate any feed back.

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

Hi ynot,

I use a solicitor/conveyancer that resides in the same state as the property. There are some differences in the various state legislations that could come back and bite you if not met.

If you ask around a bit people here will be able to make recommendations in many and varied parts of the country.

Derek
    [email protected]

Property Investment Support Available. Ongoing and never stopping. PM welcome.

Profile photo of elika7264elika7264
    @elika7264

Hi Ynot,
    welcome to the Forum.[biggrin] I live in Melbourne, have purchased in Brisbane. The law requires that you use a solicitor practising in Queensland. If I had used a Melbourne solicitor, he would have had to instruct the local solicitor — of course that would have added substantially to my legal costs.[thumbsdownanim Using a local solicitor also has the advantage that he/she has local knowledge — before you sign the contract ask him/her their opinion of the property. Although you might get a guarded response, it all adds to the data you use in determining if you have made the right decision.[blink]

Hope this helps.

Regards,[cap]
    Helen

Profile photo of ynotynot
    @ynot

Thanks for the feed back Derek and Helen ,much appreciated.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.