All Topics / Help Needed! / Investment properties in NZ

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of KurraKurra
    @kurra

Hello every body,
    I am a new investor.I do live in Sydney but I would like to invest in NZ.However,I found it difficult to research the NZ market on the internet since I do not know any reliable site.The only site I know is realenz.co.nz which was not a great help.Do you know any good sites?

Regards,
    Kurra[gorgeous]

Profile photo of muppetmuppet
    @muppet

Hi Kurra

Welcome to PI.

There are lots of places that carry information about investing in NZ.

Try http://www.propertytalk.co.nz and carry out a search.
    In particular: http://www.propertytalk.co.nz/postt241.html
    which has a number of links to other sites.

Also carry out a search on PI. Try key words like NZ and New Zealand and see what eventuates.

Look for posts by western, minimogul, and castledreamer to name three Australians who are buying for themselves and for others in NZ.

Once you have learnt a little about NZ then go back and use realenz to search particular parts of NZ for property. There is listed about 45000 properties on that site.

Good luck

Regards

Profile photo of Mark KelmanMark Kelman
    Participant
    @mark-kelman

Hi Kurra (and everyone)

I am in pretty much the same situation as you Kurra. I’m also living in Sydney, and about to make the metaphoric trans-Tasman crossing to invest in NZ Real Estate. I have two Oz IPs, but I’m still pretty new in the Investing game.

This is my first post on PropertyInvesting.com, but I’ve been watching the posts for a while!

I’m heading to Dunedin in a few weeks (for a conference) but using this excuse to check out some IPs on the South Island (probably from Dunedin up to Christchurch).

I have found unlimitted info on the net – just google search for key words like “Property”, “Investing”, “Real Estate” and some areas like Dunedin, Christchurch, Invercargill, etc. Then follow the links. Bookmark anything that looks good and you can always go back. (Use http://www.google.co.nz – the NZ version).

I’ve found a few very interesting links from realnz.co.nz (including market stats etc). I think the real test will be arriving in NZ and actually talking to real estates and looking at some properties…

I’d be interested in hearing how properties in the areas around Dunedin are performing, and the state of the rental markets there (from other peoples experiences).

Westan, do you have any experience in Dunedin, as well as Invercargill?

Also interested in some recommended NZ solicitors, accountants and real estate agents. (I’ve already download Steve’s addressbook, and listened to Steve’s Kiwi Property Insight CD – thoroughly recommended)

I look forward to more posts, and some fun, investing in the real estate market.

Good luck Kurra, let me know if you find any websites that look good.

I went to http://www.inzproperty.co.nz/public_html/home.htm today, and apparantly you can be emailed a PDF (Adobe) file with info on NZ property investing. I haven’t received mine yet, but it might be worth checking out?

The Hound.

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

Hi The hound

yes i own 2 in Dunedin and 2 in Invercargill

the Market is more expensive in Dunedin than Invercargill but i think it will give better capital growth. Invercargill’s rental market has turned a lot in the past 3 months going from very strong to softer. The market is still good for properties that are priced correctly and warm. The market was so strong in Invercargill at the beginning of the year that landlords were getting great rents for there properties the returns are now back to 10-11%. You can’t get that in Dunedin. The Hound you mentioned you are travelling from Dunedin to Christchurch, the cities of Oamnaru and Timaru are also great places but getting over 10% is very difficult. Sorry back to Dunedin why i like it from an investment prospective, it has one of NZ’s leading Uni’s Otago Uni, it is the major city for the bottom half on the South Island, has a stong industry base led by Fischer Paykle who announced another expansion last month. The port is doing well, and the city is cheaper than other higher populated areas. One thing i notice is Aussie that come to NZ love both Invercargill and Dunedin. If you need contacts email me at my address below and i’ll forward them to you.

regards westan

I live in New Zealand and for a fee find cash positive deals there, email me at [email protected] to join our database

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.