All Topics / Legal & Accounting / I need a good IP accountant in Melbourne

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Profile photo of mknkmknk
    @mknk

Hi, I hope I can ask this question here (sorry if I can’t) but we have recently moved to Melbourne and are living in the Ivanhoe/Heidelberg area. Does anyone know of a good Accountant experienced with IP or who has their own IP’s?? Thanks

Narelle

Profile photo of MyydralMyydral
    @myydral

http://www.gatherumgoss.com/

If you have any other queries, I suggest a search of forums too, you never know what you might find.

Cheers

“Looking forward to the day when I can tell the boss where to go”

Profile photo of elika7264elika7264
    @elika7264

Hi,

I’d second Dale Gatherum-Goss. He is located in Kilsyth — quite a drive, but worth it. There was a recent thread on this forum — do a search. Other accountants were recommended.

Regards,[cap]
    Helen

Profile photo of mknkmknk
    @mknk

Thanks to both of you for your help!

Narelle

Narelle

Profile photo of ToolsTools
    Participant
    @tools

Looking for a new accountant for tax return/GST return etc….rang Gatherum-Goss as many people on here see him as some sort of god…rang last Wednesday at midday and was told someone would have to ring me back to make an appointment…no-one rang so today (some 5 days later) I rang again…same story,someone will have to ring you back..thi stime they did,but was told Dale doesn’t do that sort of work himself anymore..no drama,may I make an appointment to see someone else in the company please????…sure..you can come in 3 weeks time.I don’t think so Tim!
    Result:made an appointment with another accountant.

Profile photo of Ali GAli G
    Participant
    @ali_g

I am by no means trying to be smart here Tools but do you think the fact they are so busy is a reflection of the demand for their services? Not returning phone calls may be unprofessional/lazy/accidental/unadvisable/etc. but a word-of-mouth recommendation is often one worth persuing.

I had a similar experience recently (albeit in a different arena) and the wait was worth it, hence my post.

Just food for thought…. It is your choice at the end of the day!

Ali G

Profile photo of kpkp
    @kp

That explains it…
    tried to make an appointment with D GG but got the same response.
    Im travelling all the way from remote WA…thought it was an opportunity to meet in the flesh.
    I guess these days its not the done thing anymore.

No worries……onwards upwards

KP

Profile photo of ToolsTools
    Participant
    @tools

Ali G,
    yes.of course it is because their services are in demand,but if they can’t find time to see me for 3 weeks,how long is it going to take them to do the work for me?There are plenty of other accountants that come highly recommended and are extremely knowledegable on IPs,so that is where I am taking my business.But,each to their own.
    Tools

Profile photo of Ali GAli G
    Participant
    @ali_g

Good for you Tools. Finding good professionals (in whatever industry) is always a challenge. If all goes well for you please let us know so we may add another alternative to the list.

Cheers,

Ali G

Profile photo of Misty1Misty1
    @misty1

I am not about to recommend one,but let me make a comment & suggestion.I am still recovering from mistakes of an unprofessional accounting co.
    The situation was that a book keeper took all my details,& me being none the wiser-then-did ALL the entries,& charged me for ACCOUNTING fees,etc.
    The accountant also claimed she was experienced with I.P’s.I have since found out she had NO exp. with them.
    She made several mistakes that cost me alot of unclaimed costs,now being rectified by amending my returns,of which i have to pay another ACCOUNTANT to fix.
    So,my suggestion is firstly to throw a curly one at anyone you are considering hiring,(& make sure you know the answer!)to make sure they are indeed experienced.Also,go with your gut feeling.If you dont “click” with them,will you trust them with your life? (savings) Just a thought.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.