All Topics / Help Needed! / Managed Property Funds

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of Bradles CBradles C
    Participant
    @bradles-c

Hello [cap]

I need some advice on Managed Property Funds.

Is this a good way for someone to start investing in property and if so, are there any funds that you would recommend ?

I am learning sooooooo much from this site ! Thanks heaps guys and girls for sharing your knowledge with us beginners !

Bradles C

Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school

Hi Bradles C,

it honestly depends on the person, about manage funds, particulary, i dont like them at all… low interest returning… and someone else in charge of managing your money…

property trust are great, if there secured and returning a high percent, though normally there asking for larger amounts of capital to be invested in there funds and units available.

if you know how to invest in the stock market, i would rather suggest you this, but if you dont, a little bit of stock market education can go a long way…

though if you wanting to get into the property market, better to buy property than property trusts, as there is less leverage as opposed to bricks and mortal property.

though also you have to ask your self, what type of return are you looking for…

Cheers,
    sis

Wanna Talk About Stocks

Profile photo of Bradles CBradles C
    Participant
    @bradles-c

Thanks for the advice sis !

I see that you are also interested in the Stock Market ! If you had a choice would you invest in the Stock Market or Property ?

From what I have been reading, the Property Market has hit a plateau and may take 6 or 7 years to experience another boom (according to API magazine). Positive Cashflow properties are also VERY hard to find ! Maybe the Stock Market is a better investment option for the next few years ???

Thanks again,

Bradles C

Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school
    Originally posted by Bradles C:

If you had a choice would you invest in the Stock Market or Property ?

From what I have been reading, the Property Market has hit a plateau and may take 6 or 7 years to experience another boom (according to API magazine). Positive Cashflow properties are also VERY hard to find ! Maybe the Stock Market is a better investment option for the next few years ???

Hi Bradles C,

havent invested in the property market now for a while, just for some basic reasons, property market has dipped in prices… to me, i honestly dont like to pick the bottom of a property market boom, but wait till a countertrend has formed and then ride the boom again…

just waiting for obvious signs… (although it might be great to pick up property now, its hard to now when to pick property if were still experiencing a decline)…

as for shares… the last couple days have been very very bullish, All Ords, breaking new highs and higher lows, and that nice bullrun we’ve had now for the last 17 months, yet its time to be cautious, just early signs of market reversals…. something about tech stocks (XIJ)… people jumping into them now…. and tech stocks have broken out of a bearish and sideway pattern, into an early bullish trend… honestly this is not my liking… and other obvious signs…

as there are more individual share traders now, in the market since the dot com crash, this is a sure sign that the market is nearing its peak… maybe perhaps… the reasoning people are thinking tech stocks are a good buy now… as there cheap and the market is on a bull run…

though property is great… but its doesnt seem to be the flavour of the month at the moment…. give it a little more time…

Cheers,
    sis

Wanna Talk About Stocks

Profile photo of Bradles CBradles C
    Participant
    @bradles-c

Hi sis,

Sounds like both Property and Stock Markets are a little hard to predict at the moment !

I think the property market may take a dip before it starts to pick up again. Interest rates are sure to rise after the coming election and this could send the market into a downward slide ???

Thanks for the advice [biggrin]

Bradles C

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.