All Topics / Help Needed! / IP in WA Mining towns

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of Mad-CatMad-Cat
    @mad-cat

I’ve beening looking at Ip in Minging towns in northen Wa.
    I was wonding are there any reason or elivated risk to why you shouldn’t invest there.

IE
    In Port Headland BHP has just said there going to increase the port out put there. so this should mean there a long term porspects there. Is this correct or should u just aviod them altogether.

Thanks

Dave

Profile photo of PurpleKissPurpleKiss
    Participant
    @purplekiss

Hi Mad-Cat,

It depends upon your risk tolerance, what else is in the town that would help it survive if there was a down turn in Mining etc. POrt Hedland is largely mining, but does it also serivce the farming community, is there also industrial etc.

What is the population doing? Have you checked if it’s increasing or decreasing? Also check out the council webistes, they afton have information relating to approvals of projects in the are, this may also help you decide.

No one can tell you whether you should or shouldn’t do it, it depends upont he information you find out and then you tolerance to various risks. So cehck out all the info you can find on the town and then decide.

Regards
    PK

Profile photo of kpkp
    @kp

Hey Madcat…
    BHP have just signed a $20 billion supply contract for 20 yrs, on top of their existing contracts.
    They are spending 100’s of millions on expansion.

There are other miners ( Hope Downs, Fortescue Metals ) that are in the process of getting their projects up.

The associated miners and oil/gas producers in the Karratha area are doing the same ( spending 100’s of millions in expansion to satisfy new long term contracts )
    They literally cannot ship the stuff quick enough.

I am not trying to talk the place up….its hardly paradise.
    But I am on the ground and can see what is going on up here.

If you want more info on property and rental demand in Pt Hedland, try sending a PM to calvin@thirty4, he is up there and is has been looking at the property market quite closely.

KP

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.