All Topics / General Property / Weatherboard for high yield?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of unifiedunified
    @unified

Weatherboards are generally cheaper than BV homes because of the maintenance issue obviously. Should you consider the higher returns on a WB in good condition or is the long term maintenance too greater issue? Can anybody share their experience with me?

Profile photo of Brenda IrwinBrenda Irwin
    Participant
    @brenda-irwin

With weatherboard houses, you can paint them any colour you like and they come up a treat. Exception to the rule was the smartie who painted his weatherboard house jet black in a protest to the local council. It did not look good at all.

With today’s modern paints, they do last a lot longer than they used to so painting is not such a chore so often.

The weatherboard houses do seem to be on the choicest bits of land too and can achieve very good capital growth.
    Cheers Brenda.

If you want to get out of a hole, first stop digging.

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

Whilst the weatherboards need more attention they are actualy a lot easier to repair than a B home.

I don’t think the choice between two potential Ip’s would boil down to something as simple as Wb or BV.

Brenda has some great points but BV can now be rendered and bagged with good effect as well!

Simon Macks
    Mortgage Broker
    http://www.mortgagehunter.com.au
    0425 228 985

NODOC Loan – 65% Loan – No questions asked! 6.85% Rate!!

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of unifiedunified
    @unified

Thanks Brenda and Simon

Profile photo of depreciatordepreciator
    @depreciator

The thing I like about weatherboard houses is that compared with BV it’s easy to knock a hole in the side and put a big window in or doors and a deck. Internally, it’s easy to fiddle with them, too. I’d love to live in Queensland so I could get my hands on some weatherboard houses. the stock around me is all cavity brick.
    Scott

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.