All Topics / Help Needed! / Help nedded!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Profile photo of successwithinsuccesswithin
    @successwithin

Helo my name is caleb. Im 12 and crazy about property investing, when im older I want to be a entrepreneur and a property developer. I was just wondering if you could give me any information about what I should get degree in (when im older) in order to become a property developer. I have goten the inspiration to be a property developer from my mums old boss. Ever since then I’ve been looking for other ways to make money becuase at first i thought the idea of being a property developer was boaring, 1st it was mining for gold then stockbroking which to me is as I see it now as way to risky then sales and then “Property Developing” and thats where I am now. Im really interested in finding out about this subject, because when im older I know i’ll be a successful person with or without your replies. If you can’t answer any of my questions it is ok because im writing this exact message to a few other people. Anyway sorry about such a long message and goodbye

(magnum)

Profile photo of MonopolyMonopoly
    @monopoly

Hi Caleb,

Your enthusiasm is inspiring, and as I said in my reply PM to you, study hard and do the best you can with your schooling for now.

Read as much about, and talk to as many property investors as you can. Forums such as this, and Somersoft will always make accessible to you willing people who will share of their knowledge and experiences with RE. This kind of advice is invaluable!!!

Aside from that, don’t forget to be “a kid”; I have a daughter only a year younger than you, and I would tell her the same things I am telling you now. The difference between you, is that she isn’t asking, and doesn’t seem to share your enthusiasm for property. She is too preoccupied with being a little girl; childhood is a blessed stage in ones life, so don’t forego the joys it entails simply because your long term goals are to become wealthy; you have the world at your feet right now; enjoy your youth!!!.

Nonetheless, your “love” (passion) for RE is both commendable and I am sure will help keep you motivated toward achieving your goals. Never stop dreaming!!!

But remember, be practical, the main focus right now, is your studies; work hard at doing the best you can with your schooling; time and experience will in turn take care of the rest!!!

Cheers,

Jo

Profile photo of perth25perth25
    @perth25

Hi dude, great to see your starting young but dont forget to be a kid (young adult) at the same time. As for the degree, I think if you have a well paying job that satisfies your interests with the goal of property development then uni isn’t always the answer.

If there’s one thing I’ve noticed about university whether your studying chemistry, accounting, computing or medicine is that it teaches students’ how to become a good employees, not a property developers.

Dont forget though that a strong education will help you in many other ways and I definetly do not regret my studies at university, in fact I’m glad I went….

Kind regards, perth25.

Profile photo of rodneyworthingtonrodneyworthington
    @rodneyworthington

nice job , Caleb.. it seems that some of us may end up working for you someday! =)

as one poster said though, make sure ou remember to have fun and don’t forget to be a kid.. You only get the opportunity once, so don;t miss out on all the good stuff!

Great to see the younger generation thinking about the future thought! Study hard mate and you will achieve what you want in life!

rod

Rodney Worthington – Property Valuations
    http://www.brisbane-property-valuations.com

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

Great to be starting so young. If I could go back in time, I wouldn’t go to uni, but start working asap, save a deposit for a cheap property and buy as many as you can afford as quickly as you can. Once you have done this, then maybe go and study or do a course in building while you are waiting for growth to kick in. Once you have equity, then you can go for a bigger project such as developing.

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    North Sydney
    [email protected]

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

Hi Caleb,

Congratulations on having a vision for your future – my 12 year old can only see as far as the next TV show.

As others have said enjoy being a kid first – when you get to my age you realise this is one of the best times of your life before ‘responsibility’ kicks in.

I would also suggest that given your relative youthfulness a ‘work hard at school regime’ is not out of place so that you have as many options as possible available to you when you do firm up what you want to do. While developing seems great today – what will you be thinking in 5 years time?

If developing is still the preferred option then I would suggest that some experience in related areas may be of benefit – having said that good developers employ the skills they need rather than do everything themselves.

Have a look at Peter Comben’s website http://www.smartpropertydevelopment.com.au – there may be some ideas contained therein. Mum may even bankroll your attendance at one such course.

There are a couple of other websites that may be of use;

Michael Yardney at http://www.metropole.com.au offers courses for developers. There is also a company called Co-develop – google them for additional information.

PS – I removed reference to your Mum’s boss for purposes of anonymity.

Derek
    [email protected]

Property Investment Support Available. Ongoing and never stopping. PM welcome.

Profile photo of YCYC
    Participant
    @yc

Wow, wonder what I was doing when I was 12 years old… It’s amazing to see a 12 year old kid talk about property investing and long term goals like a semi professional! Dude keep up the good work and study hard in the degree your desire (I’m sure Monopoly has got some good advice for you in her PM ^^ ). Be careful it’s fine to get interested in it but don’t get overheated. It’s very easy to get discouraged and lose interest if you push too much and don’t know how to keep yourself interested. Do your schooling/uni to know the fundamentals (math, accounting… are all helpful), then build your property investing skills step by step on top of that, keep it steady, and you’re sure gonna make it.

Good luck.

Cheers,
    YC

Profile photo of successwithinsuccesswithin
    @successwithin
    Hi people, thanks for the information i have recieved. And i have been talking to monopoly who has given me some great advise about real estate. I know what you mean when you say ” Dont forget to be a kid ” but the truth is i’d rather learn about real estate and property than play basketball and socer with my friends. For some reason the subject gives me thrills and i get excited and jumpy each time i hear the world property but again i know what you mean so i’ll try my best to be a kid whilst i can.

(magnum)

@monopoly

Caleb,

Property will always be around, but the opportunity to kick around the soccer ball with your current friends may not be!!! Put yourself in your friends shoes, they care about you, and want you to be a part of their lives; and that life is about having fun!!! If you ignore their calls to go out, they may not call as often, and eventually you could lose them altogether!!!

Read about real estate all you want, but don’t forget your friends; they are an important part of your life!!!

All the best,

Jo

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

Hi Caleb,

For a different look at things consider the following;

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5744,10776140%5E7583,00.html

Derek
    [email protected]

Property Investment Support Available. Ongoing and never stopping. PM welcome.

Profile photo of calvin_thirty4calvin_thirty4
    Participant
    @calvin_thirty4

What an awesome article, Derek.

For Caleb this could mean that he could hire his fathers mower and start his own mowing round in his street. Isn’t that how Jim’s Mowing got going?
    How’s that for an idea, young Caleb?

Cheers

C@34

@successwithin

Its a pretty good idea, This time i have no question, im just tellin you my goals. they change almost once a month..lol
    OK here i go.. i want to be a sales director and with the CF i recieve i want to put money in property. i know for a fact there a huge $$$ in sales, and where eva you see $$$ you’ll see me. lol .. and im amazing at selling things because im very influential and can sell pretty good. i dont tell many people but its not gonna kill me… at my old skool, primary, i used to sell and do stuff to make money. First it was buying chips and selling the cards and rare items in which it possesses. After sellin tazo’s i did backflips and no handed chartwheels for money. then because i was attacked by a dog, i had a huge scar on my leg which people payed to see. And after that, i was double jointed in the shoulders making it easy for me to connect hands and make these crazy sounds out of my shoulders and again people did pay to see it… if i told you everything i did i would be here all night, but unfortunatly i have homework…. LOL .. i was quite a buisness man when i was young.. this sorta explains my experteeze in sales.. the only thing i did wrong was secure the money.. i found out i made over $1,000 but didn’t know how to save it or where to put. Unfortunatly all of it was spent on who knows what… Luckily now i have the knowlege of how to secure my money.

(magnum)

@monopoly
    Originally posted by successwithin:

i was quite a buisness man when i was young..

When you were young??? [laugh4][laugh4][laugh4] And now you are……???? [blink]

@successwithin

im now 12 … i did this when i was 9 years old until i finished primary school

(magnum)

@monopoly

Just teasing Caleb!!!! [biggrin]
    You old man you!!!! [grin]

Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo

Caleb,

you surpise me mate…

if i told you everything i did i would be here all night, but unfortunatly i have homework…. LOL

I predict your going to be the youngest richest kid in Australia ever who created his wealth and did not inherit it.

Your truly an amazing person – when we all meet up for a coffee one day, you’ll have to get your parents to drive you down and join us – by the way, what do your parents think of all this?

Cheers
    Best regards mate,
    George.

I’ve found a way to help you save and earn whilst not selling or delivering any product. If interested, drop me an email or PM me to find out how

@successwithin

My mum wasn’t quite aware that i had done all this because i used to keep this to myself. but after a while of selling stuff she asked me how i managed to by so many lollies and buy so much stuff. When i told he she just laughed and said “keep the work up” which might not seem alot to say to a 9 year old, but this meant so much to me. Ever since then i’ve been finding new way to make money.

(magnum)

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.