All Topics / General Property / condition report

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of ToolsTools
    Participant
    @tools

Hi guys,

Is it normal practice for the owner to receive a copy of the condition report if they use a PM? Does anyone who does their own take photos?And,should the report be prepared prior to signing of the lease,or just before th etenant moves in?

Thanks,
    Tools

Profile photo of elika7264elika7264
    @elika7264

Hi,

regarding the condition report — I don’t receive a copy. But if its important to you, then ask your PM to provide a copy.

Photos — haven’t ever given any thought to photos. Might be useful if the property has something valuable which could be costly to replace. eg. inbuilt furniture.

In my experience, the condition report is prepared a day or so before the tenant moves in or on the day the tenant takes possession. Your PM might have a different opinion.

Regards,
    Helen

Profile photo of thecrestthecrest
    Participant
    @thecrest

Hi Tools
    Should be no problem requesting that you get a copy of any condition report on your property whenever one is filled out.
    Condition report is a powerful document if completed correctly, and can be stronger with supporting photos. However, it must show the condition of the property at a certain period in time ie incident, moving in, moving out. If too much time has elapsed between writing and point of time in question, the report weakens due to the opportunity of changes occurring over time.
    e.g. tenant moves out, PM does outbound condition report saying property is very clean. 4 weeks later, new tenant moves in, PM uses same condition report for inbound tenant. But the house is now very dusty, musty, etc. condition report is no longer accurate,instant disagreement between tenant and PM. Who pays for the cleaning ?
    Condition reports have a short “use by date”, outside that period, they begin to lose credibility and legal weight.
    cheers
    thecrest

thecrest | Tony Neale - Statewide Motel Brokers
    http://www.statewidemotelbrokers.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

selling motels in NSW

Profile photo of elika7264elika7264
    @elika7264

Thanks TheCrest,

useful information. [biggrin]

Helen

Profile photo of rodneyworthingtonrodneyworthington
    @rodneyworthington

i always take my own photos before and after a lease.

rod

Rodney Worthington – Property Valuations
    http://www.brisbane-property-valuations.com

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.