All Topics / General Property / What will happen should labour win the election?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of YorkerYorker
    @yorker

Should Latham get through what do you feel the consequences will be.

Profile photo of RonulasRonulas
    @ronulas

IMHO I believe that Latham is too much of a people pleaser. He will promise do whatever will make the most people happy. Not always what is good for the country.

In realation to PI this sort of attitude will only drag the countries economic growth down into the dark ages again.

Howard has a good grasp of whats going on in the world and has the balls to to what he thinks is right not just what some minority groups want.

Don’t flame me, just my opinion.

You will always miss 100% of the shots you don’t take!

Profile photo of elika7264elika7264
    @elika7264

Hi All,
    in my opinion, Latham doesn’t have the acumen or political clout to take over as Prime Minister.[huh] Australia has had solid economic growth in recent years, stemming from responsible policy and financial management. I feel that Howard has the experience and exposure in international matters; in the current climate (terrorism) we need tested leadership. The issue of Howard versus Costello is all smoke and mirrors. Costello has proved himself time and time again. I feel that he could step into the role of Prime Minister and we as a community wouldn’t see or experience any change to policy, direction or government intent.

I’d better step down off my soap box. [blush2][blush2] Your opinion????????????

Helen

Profile photo of everdineeverdine
    @everdine

I agree with both the above.
    In such uncertain times Mr Howard has shown leadership and direction and made positive impacts.
    We need strong leadership, that is not easily swayed by media speculation.
    Will be interested to read other people’s thoughts.
    diane

Profile photo of kalonikaloni
    @kaloni
    Originally posted by Ronulas:

IMHO He will promise do whatever will make the most people happy.

Is this what ALL politicians do
    labour OR liberal

BOTH promise you the world but when they win
    due to unforseen circumstances we can not
    hold our promises

Profile photo of JetDollarsJetDollars
    Participant
    @jetdollars
    Originally posted by kaloni:

Originally posted by Ronulas:

IMHO He will promise do whatever will make the most people happy.

Is this what ALL politicians do
    labour OR liberal

BOTH promise you the world but when they win
    due to unforseen circumstances we can not
    hold our promises

99% of the time they do the opposite.

Kind regards

Jet Dollars
    “The road of some-day lead to the town of nowhere”

Profile photo of richmondrichmond
    Participant
    @richmond

Is it really all that hard to lead in times when a culture of fear is so strongly sold to the public? ie terrorism and national security? History shows Australians don’t like changing leaders in times of fear/war…

The best thing that happened for Howard last time was the Tampa (culture of fear/the refugees are queue jumping) this time it’s the Jakarta bombing (culture of fear/more attacks are likely) Doesn’t give Latham much room to move does it? Attack Howard on national security and it’ll be in bad taste, the other option is to just offer bipartisan support which hands the reins of leadership to the PM unchallenged.

I don’t however think Howard will take the Dick Cheney line in the US: A vote for John Kerry is a vote for the terrorists.

As for the “interest rates will go up under Labor” line that the Libs have been selling, what a load of crap, they’ll go up under whoever is in government… and if both sides go nuts with big spending promises courtesy of the huge budget surplus, that could lead to higher inflation, which will lead to interest rates going even higher..

my two cents
    r

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.