All Topics / Help Needed! / Helpful Research Sites?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Profile photo of AblazAblaz
    Participant
    @ablaz

Hi Guys
    I’m trying to get a list together of online property research data sites.
    sites that provide sales history in a postcode
    and targeted address sales prices
    i only know of the following sites
    http://www.apm.com.au
    http://www.homepriceguide.com.au
    if anyone knows of any others sites that supply Melbourne related property data that could be helpful in research please advise me

Thanks heaps

Profile photo of TinkerbellTinkerbell
    @tinkerbell

Try RP Data, I’m not sure of the exact address, just type it in google and it will come up. That’s where i get my suburb profiles.
    Tink

Profile photo of YorkerYorker
    @yorker

I know a couple of places… Are you prepared to pay for good quality information or are you content to rely upon freebies prepared by junior punters?

Profile photo of powmowpowmow
    @powmow

not meaning to sound rude Yorker, but what makes your “info” so good that it is worth paying for?[hmmm]

Profile photo of MonopolyMonopoly
    @monopoly

The RP data link is:

http://www.reports.rpdata.com.au

Another “suburb snapshot” site can be found through http://www.domain.com.au which is also worthwhile looking at.

There are others, but I can’t think of them off the top of my head ATM.

Cheers,

Jo

@yorker

I don’t find you rude at all pow mow.

Profile photo of FFCommFFComm
    @ffcomm

“Are you prepared to pay for good quality information or are you content to rely upon freebies prepared by junior punters?”

I hardly think Home Price Guide is prepared by junior punters.
    And as for RP Data:

“The size of X is approximately 16 km². It has 13 parks covering nearly 17% of the total area. There are 4 schools and 2 childcare centres located in X. The population of X in 1996 was 13,217 people. By 2001 the population was 14,363 showing a population growth of 9% in the area during that time. The predominant age group in X is 20 – 29 years. Households in X are primarily couples without children and are likely to be repaying over $2000.00 per month on mortgage repayments.

In general, people in X work in a professional occupation. In 1996, 39% of the homes in X were owner-occupied compared with 40% in 2001. Currently the median sale price of houses in the area is $1,170,000.”

I hardly think that is amateur…

It also contains household structure, household income, etc, etc.

Rgds.
    Lucifer_au

Profile photo of AblazAblaz
    Participant
    @ablaz

Yorker i am nore than happy th pay for good information.
    just looking at the RP Data site and it does not seem to contain and reports for melbourne.
    its a shame
    Thanks for the input guys [cap]

Profile photo of jinnyjinny
    @jinny

Hello everyone. This is my first message. Yorker I am interested in your response. I am happy to pay for good quality information but do not want to waste money. Are there some that are worth the money? I seem to recall seeing messages that some people felt some information was a waste of their money.
    Many thanks
    Jinny

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

The REIWA site for properties in Perth is great.. i also use commbank.com.au/propertyvalueguide , other than that..valuer generals office.

REDWING

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”
    Count The Currency With This Online Positive Cashflow Calculator

Profile photo of ujacobs9964ujacobs9964
    Participant
    @ujacobs9964

You can get great data from Residex on http://www.residex.com.au/
    but it will cost you.
    Large number of varying reports that I find very helpfull.
    Regards
    Uwe
    Property Friends

@monopoly

Yorker,

I have already told you that the likelihood of attracting customers through the methods you employ on this site will not be very helpful to you.

As you may have noticed, people tend to rely on data provided for free, and second to this, if they do agree to pay for a service, they will often do so with a company who has a legitimate website ie. RP Data and/or Residex.

May I suggest to you, once again, get a website up and running, and then put all your hard work (which I am sure you do) in order to promote yourself and establish the credibility that people will want/need before they part with their cash.

No offense, but I wouldn’t pay for info or seek advice (ie. a mortgage broker) from a forum poster, unless they had some kind of established link either to an email address or a website address, preferrably the latter, and at least a contact number. Take a look at the brokers postings, their signatures always contain website link address and/or mobile contact details.

Annonymity will not serve you well in trying to establish credibility for your business. Not in today’s society!!!

All the best,

Jo

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

Yorker said:

“Are you prepared to pay for good quality information or are you content to rely upon freebies prepared by junior punters?”

hehe, Yorker… that kind of statement sounds like the worst kind of marketeering… and it makes a few assumptions:

(1) that free stuff is useless;
    (2) that if if an investor doesn’t buy stuff from you, they are an amateur.

Most RE information can be found on the net for free, in some of the above-mentioned sites. I am sure if people are looking for other information that cannot be found for free on the net, then they will pay for it. But you’d really have to demonstrate differentiation of your product, Yorker, to show why it is worthwhile to purchase.

kay henry

Profile photo of RicherDadRicherDad
    @richerdad

I am new to this forum lark, but I have read the previous posts on this topic.

I am from Perth and when investing there I ask the Valuer General’s office for my research data and it usually costs $25.00 for a suburb report giving 110 records of the description and sale price of houses,units and land. The free reports form Commbank and Domain.com give general suburb data that you can get from the ABS website. But I need specific sales data.

I would like to invest in Melbourne but in Victoria due to privacy laws the Valuer General’s office tells me they are not allowed to give out sales data and corresponding addresses.

The web addresses below charge between $50-$90 for a suburb report of sales data.

http://www.homepriceguide.com.au
    http://www.residex.com.au/
    http://www.reports.rpdata.com.au (doesn’t do vic data)

Having a closer look at this data it appears to be estimates on what a house in a particular area, not specific sales data (as they aren’t able to disclose this)

My question is if these are guesstimates how accurate is the information in these reports in getting an idea of what property is selling for. Has anyone used these reports and how accurate have they found them to be.

Any assitance would be greatly appreciated.

@monopoly

Hi Andrew,

http://www.reports.rpdata.com.au DOES now include Victoria, for both it’s free and paid reports. The “free” information is somewhat less detailed than it once was, and understandably, has never included sales figures for obvious reasons.

Jo

@yorker

I don’t recall RPData being free guys. Our subscriptions are in excess of 12k a year. The stuff they put on for free is of little use to serious investors. Josie my dear, I fear you have little to no idea of what you are talking about.

@yorker

Josie, it really depends on what your after. If you just want basic stats, these websites that have been listed are fine. However, if you desire expert analysis to go with your Stats you are going to have to pay for it. Example BIS SShrapnel put out very detailed analytical reports which cost in excess of $5000 per copy. These reports are worth there weight in gold and can provide some key insights into property markets by people who are actively in them every day. I pay a great deal for research and have found it has served me very well. Each to there own I guess.

@monopoly
    Originally posted by Yorker:

I don’t recall RPData being free guys. Our subscriptions are in excess of 12k a year. The stuff they put on for free is of little use to serious investors. Josie my dear, I fear you have little to no idea of what you are talking about.

Yorker, I will accept your criticism upon the ignorance to which it is based; no surprises there.

As far as RPData is concerned, it’s validity was not the main focus of my post, but rather in answering the question as to whether Victoria was reinstated in its data source; of which it now is.

If you are trying to pick an argument, you can stop right there, as I have no interest in engaging with such time wasters as yourself.

@yorker
    Profile photo of ShOw_Me_ThE_MoNeYShOw_Me_ThE_MoNeY
    @show_me_the_money

Hey… This is another one that i find usefull….
    http://www.quartile.com.au/property_optimizer2004.htm

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.