All Topics / General Property / Good News for Wairoa NZ.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of muppetmuppet
    @muppet

Hi Guys

Article from Teletex appears to be very good news for those who have invested in Wairoa.

The mayor of Wairoa says an agreement between two local timber companies and an American window and door manufacturer should provide a major boost to employment in the town.

The three companies plan to build an added value wood processing plant in Wairoa which will employ up to 100 people, should bring significant economy benefits to the community.

Regards

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

WOW muppett

that is good news, as you know i’ve been investing there for a while now and that sounds great for my 4 IP’s there. Wairoas been my little secret for a while, no more by the sounds of it.

On the downside i’ve been trying to get a few of our clients into properties there (Congrats for the ones who did), the days of getting great deals might close there too.

Hopefully we will get some capital gains in the future.

regards westan

I live in New Zealand and for a fee find cash positive deals there, email me at [email protected] to join our database

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

Not such great news for the trees, though [eh]

kay henry

@westan

Hi Kay

i’m sure the trees will be happy knowing that they will be turned into “value added” products rather than Pulp.[biggrin]

Yes a trees life aint what it used to be.

regards westan

I live in New Zealand and for a fee find cash positive deals there, email me at [email protected] to join our database

Profile photo of wilandelwilandel
    @wilandel

Kiaora Muppett & Westan,

Thanks for that info….
    It is really great news for Wairoa…

I think it’s a great town. It is really a picturesque town, and as Westan said, you wonder why more New Zealanders haven’t moved there with the mild weather and nice coastline. The jobs created will definitely have a great effect on the town. We have 2 IP’s there, and we intend holding on to them for the longterm (at this stage). I see the town as a bit of a Turangi, (near Taupo).. It has gone silly there. I feel the same will happen (eventually) to Wairoa.

Westan, are prices in Wairoa the same as they were a few months ago when I bought (in May)?
    Have they gone up?

Muppett, do you have any there?

Have a nice day all,

Del

@westan

Hi Del

thats great that we are IP neighbours again first Stawell (Vic) and Horsham (Vic) and now Wairoa. I didn’t know you owned 2 there , well done. By the way i have sold all my IP’s in Stawell and have 1 left in Horsham (as you know there is nothing wrong with these areas i’m just looking for better returns).

Back to Wairoa, Price have crept up a bit since May, but i can’t make comments about what yours would be worth because i don’t know them, Sorry.
    What streets are your in ?

regards westan

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.