All Topics / Opinionated! / Enrol to Vote: due today

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

Hey folks. just letting people know that this is the last day to enrol to vote. Appications are due tomorrow, so if you are in a city area, where there is overnight mail, you can fill out the green form which has a prepaid envelope, and send it in. These are probably in all post offices.

People who are feeling disenfranchised or alienated from the political process often choose not to vote. But as a believer in democracy, and knowing that in some countries, citizens are not allowed to vote, I think being enrolled to vote at least allows us an opportunity to participate.

As for me, I moved and forgot to reenrol… I then missed out on a local and state election, and felt I had missed out on something important. I just put in my new application on Friday evening. If you move, I think you have to do a new application because your name slips off the system.

Enrol to vote or don’t, investing folk. Just letting you know that if you want to enrol, you probably have to do it today.

kay henry

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.