All Topics / General Property / Market Information

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Profile photo of YorkerYorker
    @yorker

I often see posts from people asking for information on various areas/markets. I’m just curious as to what people would be prepared to pay for a comprehensive 2 page report on there chosen area which outlines all necessary investor information?

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

hehe Yorker… wouldn’t that info belong to your employer? :+P

By the way, I read the news article with your hotspots mentioned. I know they are probably going to be valuable, Yorker… in that suburban kind of way… but would you ever live in those kind of suburbs? They are so far out of sydney they’re in the middle of nowhere! I reckon if you buy in sydney, you buy in sydney- what’s the point if it’s not in the urban centre?

Anyway, nice to see a fellow forum member’s name in print, Yorker… makes me feel like a vicarious superstar… hehe.

kay henry

Profile photo of YorkerYorker
    @yorker

Kay Henry,

True, that would be why I am in a position to sell it on their behalf i.e the company would make money, not poor unfortunate me.
    I agree with your sentiments about Sydney investments, however many people do aspire to live in the western/ outer regions of NSW. As far as investments go, I doubt the majority of forum investors out there would be able to afford investment properties in inner Sydney. You and I are amongst the few who are fortunate enough to be in this position.
    All the best

@kay-henry

Well, Yorker, I rewckon people are making choices re where to buy. Some prefer Liverpool, penrith, kellyville, and the bible-belt, than buy in the city. My city property didn’t cost me much, but the rent is v. high in $ terms. Actually, mine cost me MUCH less than a place would in Kellyville, but I kind of like buying places that I myself would live in, and I could never imagine living out there- it would do my head in.

How about some inner-ring hotspots, yorker? Come on- you get paid enough :+P

kay henry

@yorker

For those I’d have to charge….
    Because I like the way you operate I’ll consider emailing a few to you. Depends on what your individual criteria is though really.

@yorker

Can anyone out there answer my question?
    Also, I spoke to Depreciator fairly recently RE: starting an investment forum in Sydney. Is there any interest in such an initiative?

@kay-henry

Yorker,

If you want to see what people will pay for the report, you’d probably have to be more specific about the contents. If it is a two-page report, how comprehensive is it? What’s it got in it?

And thanks, Yorker, for the offer. I’d also be happy to meet up to chat about investment stuff with anyone interested. Yorker, there are some sydney folks here who already do that- sis, JetDollars, and PG, to name a few.

kay henry

@yorker

The reports can be tailored to your level of investor sophistication i.e reports can be as comprehensive as needed. For smaller investors, I think a two page report outling price trends, rental trends, broad range of demographics would be adequate (regions covered: VIC/NSW/QLD/Darwin)
    For other larger guys, We’ve put together reports in excess of 50 pages before.

Profile photo of richmondrichmond
    Participant
    @richmond

Yorker, what’s your point of difference to what’s already in the market place? There’s already quite a few mobs offering reports, of varying quality.

cheers
    r

@kay-henry

Sounds decent, Yorker… and I’m just trying to have a go at you here… but one can find details of past sales on realestate.com.au or through a RE for free. One can find details of median prices through a variety of home price indicators on the web- for free… and rental yields and trends and percentages from API, for example- for every town, city and state- with data updated each month. Predictions – over 5 years- for your particular property, can come from Residex- for free. (Personally, I think predictions are a bit useless, but it’s a bit fun to do).

One can find anything really, on the web, or in magazines like API or Your Mortgage mag. I guess for those who are completely new to property investing, they are probably new to finding the right resources, too. Ot there will always be some who just want it on a platter. I just think these reports date so quickly.

As an investor, I’d be hoping that your report covered stuff I couldn’t find easily elsewhere.

Having said that … :o)) I think that there’ll be a market for what you’re offering. New investors will probably jump at the opportunity.

kay henry

@yorker

Our point of difference is that we can produce reports tailored to individual investors containing information that many people cannot obtain. The reports are highly regarded and have been used by many of our clients to secure finance with financial intermediaries. Research is an essential tool, however can be very time consuming, especially for those such as yourself who appear to be spread over a variety of markets.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.