All Topics / Help Needed! / how much to insure?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of picklesampicklesam
    Participant
    @picklesam

hi, just bought my 1st place for $404000, contracts exchanged, loan docs signed..now i need to get insurance…need to ask how much should i insure the house for? The land is worth about $300k, if the house got burned down or a freak earth quake destroys the house, how much $$$ do i need to build a new house? i got a quick quote from commonwealth bank online and it cost bout $450/year to insure 300k…good deal or not? thanks for ur comments..

Profile photo of Fast LaneFast Lane
    @fast-lane

I dont know if that’s a good deal, but if I was in your position I’d insure everything for the most I could possibly get. Sure it may cost you a few hundred bucks more, but who knows, one day?…

Profile photo of depreciatordepreciator
    @depreciator

The only person who could give you an accurate insurance replacement cost would be a QS or Estimator. Send me an e-mail and I’ll see if I can put you in touch with someone near the property.
    [email protected]

Profile photo of MJTMJT
    @mjt

hello Picklesam,

we always check on the cost of local builders to replace the house. At the moment builders in our area are charging around $1000 per sqm for the finished product. We estimate this plus maybe $10000 to demolish the remaining structure.

This should be enough… don’t know never burnt one down…..where’s some wood.
    [fire]

Matt

Profile photo of depreciatordepreciator
    @depreciator

I think the Commonwealth Bank have an on-line calculator that can help you put with an educated guess on building replacement cost.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.