All Topics / Value Adding / Books on Development

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Profile photo of outbackoutback
    @outback

Just wondering if there are any Australian books on Property Development. I have seen plenty of books from USA advertised, but none from Australia.

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

http://www.dymocks.com.au/ContentDynamic/Full_Details.asp?ISBN=073140131X

Start here..an intelligent guide to Aust poperty developing

“type’ In property in Dymocks search engine..and voila 122 hits on all property titles

REDWING

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”
    Count The Currency With This Online Positive Cashflow Calculator

Profile photo of outbackoutback
    @outback

Thanks Redwing,

Going shopping today.

Profile photo of SeanoSeano
    @seano

you could also get the text books for a tafe builders cource.

Profile photo of kattankattan
    @kattan

“Start here..an intelligent guide to Aust poperty developing

Has anyone read this book? any good?

Kattan

Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo

Kattan,

That is not a book!

Redwing was showing you what to type in the site. A book was not suggested in his thread – you read it wrong…

kind regards,
    Geo.

I’ve found a way to help you save and earn whilst not selling or delivering any product. If interested, drop me an email or PM me to find out how

Profile photo of kattankattan
    @kattan

Geo,
    The following is from the Dymocks website. looks like a book to me.
    Kattan
    AN INTELLIGENT GDE TO AUST PROPERTY DVLP – $29.95

FORLEE RON
    ISBN 073140131X
    Format Paperback
    Category Real Estate

Profile photo of YorkerYorker
    @yorker

Read property investor mag, often contains articles on development and renovation.

Profile photo of SeanoSeano
    @seano

I have read “an intelligent guide to Aust poperty developing”. It is written be a professor in architecture. It was one of the most demanding books I have ever read. It is written for building students and owner builders. I think it is the only book of its kind in Australia. It is very thorough. The down side is that it is more of a builders manual than an investors guide to developing. A great book, it gave me a huge understanding of building houses and the procedures of building.

Seano

Profile photo of giladgilad
    @gilad

don’t forget the renokings books. i haven’t read it yet. But i’ve just bought one of them…

Profile photo of Michael RMichael R
    @michael-r

The fundamentals of real estate development [and investment] are the same worldwide – more or less.

If zoning and/or tax issues need clarified, then this information can be sourced through local authorities.

One of the better publications focusing on property development is:

Real Estate Development: Principles and Process. [Mike Miles]

Although published in the United States it is used by leading universities and education facilities in Australia and New Zealand.

This book is readily available from http://www.amazon.com and http://www.barnesandnoble.com

For those more interested in Investment and Finance, I recommend the following:

Real Estate Finance & Investment Manual [Jack Cummings]

— Michael

Profile photo of wrappackwrappack
    @wrappack

Have recently read the book in question, it was pretty good, but not astounding. It talks too broadly (residential, commercial, even tourist resorts), while failing to nail the specifics needed. ie How do I go ahead? How do I tie up the land with options/subject to da approval? How do I get finance? No mention of equity/cash, and none of mezzanine lending.

I am still looking for a book which talks about theory, and then outlines, step by step, the processes taken, from the legal structure, planning, through council meetings, architects, building problems (eg sandy soil- check out somersoft.com regarding a doozy!) finance, then building, holding , and renting/selling

Unfortunately, this is a huge list, and the market for a property development book is not huge compared to say, an entry level book on shares, or property buying and holding.

There is a sticky in the resources section about some books, but I will add one or two.

Reno kings “10 golden rules” and “secrets of prop investment”- dirt cheap, fantastic info, packed with finding, buying, managing info. Have found much info in here worth a mint that is not mentioned anywhere else. Talks well about using equity to expand borrowings.

Got a couple of beauty free/ cheap downloads that will keep you busy for quite a while!

Firstly, peter combdens free download at

http://www.smartpropertydevelopment.com.au/downloads.htm Brilliant, simply brilliant!

Secondly,

http://www.yourproject.com.au, buy the developers ebook, but forget about the toolbox, as most of it is not really related to development, it is more the esoterics of management. I haven’t subscribed to the $279 whole kit and kaboodle, maybe someone else can comment on this.

Also check out the reno kings website. Less of developing, but their stuff is dirt cheap, quite thought stimulating, and not really found elsewhere at all.

http://svc012.srv002.inetserver-2.com/catalogue/renos/public/home.ehtml?syspage=1

Happy reading!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.