All Topics / General Property / +Cf all cleaned out? or just current market?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Profile photo of arborphilearborphile
    Participant
    @arborphile

Going by my very limited investigation but largely comments on these forums, +cf properties are hard to come by in Australia.

Is it that with the success of Steve’s book, many of these opportunities have been exploited and will not exist again or is it due to the current economic climate and they will become abundant again one day?

Or is it wrong and there are as many as there ever were?

Arb

“I am not young enough to know everything” – Oscar Wilde

Profile photo of PurpleKissPurpleKiss
    Participant
    @purplekiss

There are some and some you can create by fixing problems noone else wants to deal with. HAving said that I believe things cycle and that growth in prices as moved more thatn rents so +ve cashflow is harder to find but I would think that as prices level out and rents start to increase again, then new opportunities may present themselves.

Don’t give up yet.
    PK

Profile photo of FroggieFroggie
    @froggie

One site for +CF is
    http://www.richmastery.com.au call Sam on my name as ‘m dealing with him.there are all in country areas.
    All the best
    Francois

Profile photo of YorkerYorker
    @yorker

As property goes out of favour they will become more prevalent. The key to finding them is to eliminate the internet all together and get in contact with agents in your chosen region. I invite real estate agents to lunch frequently to get their insights and secure deals.

Profile photo of garrytasgarrytas
    @garrytas

Hi Yorker
    Just a hungry REA looking for a free lunch!!!
    Regards
    garrytas[thumbsupanim]

[email protected] Always have cashflow positive Tasmanian commercial properties
    available

Profile photo of DDDD
    @dd

<I have edited the sales pitch DD – Derek>

As prices have jumped and rents take forever to catch up, an IP bought last may for $100k returning $180/wk is nice but the same thing for $195k today returniing $180/wk is a dog. So people are trying to find townhouses and units which are lower in entry level $$ in the same areas and where small renos make them as close to cashflow + as is possible right now. Country NSW was a poss until stupid idiots put exit tax on.

Some qld sites still have reasonable returns, finding these properties however is getting harder and harder. Dont be scared, be determined, because as we are having a slow down prices in some areas are correcting as much as $80-100k in sydney and $20-40k in qld. This makes now nice for buyers to get something reasonable. Go out and seek the holy grail of cashflow and be determined. It is out there somewhere.

DD

Don’t sweat the small stuff,and it’s all small stuff!!

Profile photo of arborphilearborphile
    Participant
    @arborphile

Thanks for the responses folks,
    I am very interested in the +cf system. Like all other prop investing, the +cf system is subject to the cyclic nature of the market, though seems a very sensible way to operate as it means that you can weather the lows much better.

However, does this means that for those of us who are a couple of years too late to ride the wave of the latest boom should probably wait till the start of the next wave before we begin to paddle?

Arb

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

Hi Arb,

As a broadbrushed statement – the current growth and rental cycles are ‘out of wack’ and as a consequence the numbers of positive cashflow properties are fewer.

Rents, in the main, have remained relatively stagnant and certainly haven’t increased at sufficient pace to keep up with the growth in property prices and the increased cost of borrowed money.

As to whether or not it is time to ‘sit on the sidelines’ – that depends – on what you want to achieve and by when, what else you would do with your money, personal situation, and so on.

Adopt a long term view and research your preferred market and you should have the capacity to succeed.

Derek
    [email protected]

Property Investment Support Available. Ongoing and never stopping. PM welcome.

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

arborphile,

Check out the Kalgoorlie post on this Forum, to see some of the CF+ properties still available. Peterp, in particular, provides some info on properties there. It seems that there are still places, such as 1995 units, that are providing returns of circa 10%. As with all mining and isolated areas, these provide a level of risk… but let’s face it, CF+ property ain’t what it used to be. Still, newer properties have depreciatoin advantages, and it seems like some of the CF+ properties aren’t all old shacks (that’s godda be good news). :o)

kay henry

Profile photo of AUSPROPAUSPROP
    Participant
    @ausprop

I believe a fundamental shift in investors attitudes has changed the landscape forever and that there will never be the abundance of CF+ property that there once was.

Rent yields are low (as a % return) at present and this will correct itself – part of the natural market cycle.

For CF+ I understand there are still plenty of opportunities for Kalgoorlie, Karratha and Gerladton. Gerladton has some huge plans in place (search this site for an excellent link on planned initiatives there.

Extensive list of ‘Off The Plan’ property available for sale in Perth.

John – 0419 198 856

Participant
    @arborphile
    Originally posted by AusProp:

I believe a fundamental shift in investors attitudes has changed the landscape forever and that there will never be the abundance of CF+ property that there once was.

Thats what i was worried about. I have yet to buy Steve’s book and am wondering if the relevance of his book is lessened by this shift? (excuse the blasphemy)
    Arb

Profile photo of kpkp
    @kp

Arb,
    Get the book…read the book…..
    Its a good read regardless of whether there are less +CF properties around.
    There is more to the book than simply suggesting you have to buy +CF properties.
    Its a good investment for under $20

KP

Profile photo of PurpleKissPurpleKiss
    Participant
    @purplekiss

I agree, get and read teh book and then follow up with his CD called Fastrack 2 as it builds on teh book but is more current.

I wouldn’t wait for the next cycle, often by the time people realise the next cycle is happening, half of the cycle has passed and so you’ve missed half of your possibilites. Start looking, doens’t mean you have to jump striaghtaway, but if you’re not looking then you definitely won’t see them.

Regards
    Pk

Participant
    @arborphile

Thx PurpleKiss
    I still have a quite a bit of saving to do so I have no choice but to spend time researching.

Profile photo of hmackayhmackay
    Participant
    @hmackay

Hi Arborphile,

In support of the several suggestions of reading Steve’s book I would also suggest reading other books to get other successful peoples ideas.

Just read “How you could build a $10 Million property portfolio in just 10 years” by Peter Spann, costs $28 and it’s easy entertaining reading.

hrm

Profile photo of MonopolyMonopoly
    @monopoly
    Originally posted by arborphile:

I still have a quite a bit of saving to do so I have no choice but to spend time researching.

Hey Arborphile,

Investing is not just about buying and selling, it is also about researching, for without this, all you are doing is gambling. Due diligence can never be underestimated, and if that is all you can afford to do right now, then it is time well spent!!! To be armed with knowledge, will help when it comes time to making the right investment choices!!!

Keep up the good work!!!

Jo

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.