All Topics / General Property / Depreciation Schedule

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Profile photo of DomoDomo
    @domo

I have read allot about the advantages of on paper deductions & the best way to take full advantage is to get a depreciation schedule prepared .
    Does anyone know a company in Melbourne that prepares depreciation schedules .
    Any advice on this subject would be appreciated.

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

http://www.depreciator.com.au

Cheers,

Simon Macks
    Mortgage Broker
    http://www.mortgagehunter.com.au
    0425 228 985

NODOC Loan – 65% Loan – No questions asked!

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of 1hoobadriver1hoobadriver
    Participant
    @1hoobadriver

http://www.depreciator.com are very usefull and provide a good service .
    Cheers

Profile photo of depreciatordepreciator
    @depreciator

Thanks for the endorsement.

Badriver, forum members get a discount. If we’ve done a schedule for you and you didn’t let my guys know you came via the forum, send me an e-mail and we’ll sort out the discount.

[email protected]

Profile photo of 1hoobadriver1hoobadriver
    Participant
    @1hoobadriver

Thanks i just did .

Cheers

Profile photo of nmcacenmcace
    Participant
    @nmcace

Is it worth paying to get a depreciation schedule done up for $100,000 or so investment properties that aren’t furnished and are a bit older?

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

Nmcace,

The schedule cost me $660. I got one done because mine is a post-1985/1987 property and therefore the cost of the building (and other things on the shared property, such as swimming pool and tennis court) can be depreciated. If your property is pre-1985/87, you can’t depreciate the cost of the building, but you can depreciate inclusions. I am told that unless an older property has been removated, it is probably not worth getting a schedule done. Your accountant can still write-off basic allowable inclusions though, which will be accepted by the ATO.

Scott, if I’ve messed any of this up, can you make it better :)

kay henry

@depreciator

As Kaye said, the dates are critical. Often with older, unimproved properties it’s hard to justify the cost of the schedule. Having said that, there is still depreciation in them and you might as well claim it. I can talk you through how you can self assess some assets – it won’t cost you anything to do this. I’ll be back in the office (Depreciator) after lunch Monday and around most of the week. Happy to chat with you.
    Scott

Profile photo of MyydralMyydral
    @myydral

Damn Depreciator, I just watched the Today Tonight piece from your website. I have mentioned this to you before but basically couldn’t have been bothered ( too lazy )to get a Schedule done, until I saw that video.

With the possibility of all that return…..

Still don’t come to Alice Springs?

“Looking forward to the day when I can tell the boss where to go”

Profile photo of DomoDomo
    @domo

Scott I would like to have a depreciation schedule prepared , will I call your office & ask for you ?????

@depreciator

Myydral,
    Alot of the schedules we do these days are backdated, so it’s easy to claim ‘lost’ depreciation. We do trips to places like Alice Springs when there are sufficient jobs. Kalgoolie would be our most visited ‘remote’ area. We have a new method of handling properties in places like Alice Springs. Call me and I’ll explain it.

Domo,
    Call the office in the morning, and if I’m not there, one of the front end gang will be able to help you. In part, they’ll quiz you about the property to make sure it’s worth your while (and your money) commissioning a schedule. Feel free to send me an e-mail, too.

[email protected] 1300 660033

Profile photo of DomoDomo
    @domo

I finally arranged for a depreciation schedule .
    The people I spoke to were very helpful.
    Some data needs to be collected before an appointment can be made , this is done via the Depreciator web site.
    I found all questions were clearly written & could be easily answered.
    On the same day that all the info was supplied I received a phone call which was to progress my job.

So far I have found the Depreciator to be professionally run organisation.

Thanks Scott [thumbsupanim]

@depreciator

Thanks Domo.

I’ve been out of town this week so it’s good to hear things are running well back at the office.

Scott

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.