All Topics / Help Needed! / NZ INVESTING

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of dangermouse99dangermouse99
    Participant
    @dangermouse99

Just wondering whether anyone here has invested much in NZ
    Im from Oz but i have just started to look into NZ, there a few spotters around recommending Invarcargill, sum alright properties w/o being great for under 100K recieving over 10% yield, im nowlooking for sum unbiased views on Invarcargill, ive seen a report from thses spotters pointing out positives and sum negatives of the areas in the past and beyond in the future, sounds poistive but would like sum feedback. I hope you can help
    Cheers
    Dangermouse99

Have seen forums on Auckland, returns seem to be ok but no where as good as sum Invarcargill.

Does anyone know of any good websites for subjects realting to NZ investment properties etc

Profile photo of DDDD
    @dd

Just like in rugby the kiwis keep property close to their chests and are very cautious in property deals.

I have dealt with kiwis in 3 deals and they all got the best possible deals they could with lots of haggling and tooing and frowing. Good on em I say but sadly that was all in Oz so im not really helping this cause much..

Good luck with NZ I intend to start deals there in November. Deep breath……. Here goes.

DD[blush2]

Don’t sweat the small stuff,and it’s all small stuff!!

Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo

Hi Dangermouse,

well heres u=an un-biased opinion I guess.

I’m from Vic and travelled to NZ ( in particular the South Island) and whilst there, I drove upto Invercargill nad had a good look around. It looked promising and that’s what the agents re-affirmed aswell.

There is growth there in population, work (factories) schools and a university. I believe it’s a true promising area although it has a population of 50k.

kind Regards,
    George.

I’ve found a way to help you save and earn whilst not selling or delivering any product. If interested, drop me an email or PM me to find out how

Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

Hi there,

Castledreamer and I don’t touch Invercargill for bird dogging for many reasons – one of which is that our good friend and fellow bird-dog Westan has got it covered. I believe he has some properties there at the moment for sale, so check in with him and get on his list.

cheers-
    Mini

joy to the world

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

Mouse,

The way to do some objective research is to look up the news etc. I went to google.com, and then to the news section, and typed in Invercargill.

A few things I came up with:

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/businessstorydisplay.cfm?storyID=3585410&thesection=business&thesubsection=economy&thesecondsubsection=nz&thetickercode=

States Invergargill had 25.2% capital gain in the last year.

* An $8 million extension will be made to the Invercargill velodrome (a lot of news and excitement on this).

* A major Hollywood film is shortly to be filmed there, starting Anthony Hopkins

It’s only a few things, but gives a bit of an idea of some current stuff.

kay henry

Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo
    Originally posted by kay henry:
    * A major Hollywood film is shortly to be filmed there, starting Anthony Hopkins

Hey Westan, book me a place in invercargill mate – It’s high time I join the list of SuperStars…

I’ve found a way to help you save and earn whilst not selling or delivering any product. If interested, drop me an email or PM me to find out how

Profile photo of KristineKristine
    @kristine

I brought a property their 1 month ago great return i got a 4 bedroom for $66,000 with $160 rent per week
    I am Happy
    Westan and Alvin helped me out …they offer a fantastic service !!!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.