All Topics / General Property / Western Suburbs of Sydney

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of SupachickenSupachicken
    @supachicken

Hello,

I am only knew to the property investing game. So my I thought that I should give it a shot and look around my local suburbs to see if there is any good deals or if the market is good for investing at this point in time rather then looking some where else first.

If anyone has any experience around the St Clair, St Marys, Penrith and Mt Druit region and would like to share it I would greatley appreciate it.

Thankyou very much,
    Dave.

Profile photo of YorkerYorker
    @yorker

Penrith is a good area, plenty of activity. Shopping centre is expanding and prices are relatively affordable. The other areas be wary in this market.

Profile photo of DDDD
    @dd

I have a 5 bedroom 2 bathroom with spa house in Hassall Grove for sale for $360k it has dual driveways and a good yard in a quiet street. I have moved and this was my ppor before that. Rental would only be $270-300/wk so would be negative as is. House was completely rewired with electrical and data points at the back as I worked from home. 3 x split system air conditioners and I painted the last 2 rooms at the back last weekend. Covered entertainment with a real wood BBQ. Even has a cubby house with curtains and lino for the kids.

Yes I did a reno on my old house. Touch ups on the cornices and watered the garden. Was about to mow when it rained DOH!!!

Any interest let me know. Saw Penrith beat the Eels on saturday night, was bliss to see a game live again.

Happy hunting.

DD

Don’t sweat the small stuff,and it’s all small stuff!!

Profile photo of LeoniLeoni
    @leoni

Hi Dave,
    I too agree that Penrith is a great area (in particular Lemon Grove) as I’ve got an IP there myself. Prices are reasonable, rent not bad and vacancy rates are low.

One word of caution though, please investigate, read, research and do your homework first before even touching a property. Its very hard buying into a market you are not familiar with and you could end up with a very expensive mistake.

We are about to purchase IP 3 after 8 months of researching (as finances weren’t organised yet)

My research folder is about to burst from all the info I have collected from Councils, internet, post code prices and houses I have visited.

Goodluck,
    Cheers,
    Leoni

Profile photo of SupachickenSupachicken
    @supachicken

Hello,

Thankyou very much for your replies. I do not have the finances yet to go ahead with any purchase so I will doing constant reseacrh for a long while before I even go into put a deposit down.

Everyone has said that Penrith is a very nice spot at this point in time but there is one place that has captured my attention.

When driving down Castleraigh St from Penrith/Werrington through to Richmond there are big developments going on as we speak. There plans to submergew most of that land into water and create a harbour side area around there, talking of the developments as they will be the next Syndey harbour.

I know if this is the case there will be surley a lot of over development and so on with you units and appartments most probally popping up everywhere that the sun could quite possibly shine, but perhaps rather then housing there land may be quite a substantial investment. Has anyone put much thought into this? Or is not really all that concievable?

Thankyou very much,
    Dave.

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

Penrith is a good/great area? Wow folks… I’ve never heard of such a bizarre statement on this Forum. you can tell by the rents what kind of area it is. Do some checks on realestate.com.au to check rental yields, Chicken.

For the price, I think you could do MUCH better elsewhere.

kay henry

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.