All Topics / Help Needed! / Is it worth insuring?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of NoobNoob
    @noob

My brother in law has quit working and is finishing off his first investment property which he is planning to sell shortly for a good profit.[biggrin]
    I just found out yesterday that when the insurance was up for renewal, he decided not to renew it. I’m nervous about the possibility of him losing it all in a freak accident but he’s happy with the risk.[bonjour]
    The problem is that it’s just another in a long list of expenses that’s is tought to meet now that his cashflow is drying up.
    I’m nervous for him but am I just being overcautious?[blink]

Profile photo of yackyack
    @yack

I would ensure its insured. Whats a hundred bucks for a few months insurance. Whats a hundred bucks when an asset is worth over $100k.

Freak things happen. Not worth the risk in my view. Especially if its unoccupied. Some kids could show up and decide to light a fire.

Profile photo of NoobNoob
    @noob

Did I forget to mention that he’s got a loan for over $260K and the house is worth over $320K?

Profile photo of SonjaSonja
    @sonja

For me, insurance is good value. Even if I never make a claim it is a small cost for the peace of mind that it buys. Do you have a financial interest in this property? If so I would suggest paying for the insurance yourself.

Regards
    Sonja

Profile photo of elika7264elika7264
    @elika7264

Hi,

I recently attended a seminar with a presentation by Dale Gatherum Goss. During his talk, he said “it’s not a matter if you will be sued, but when”. He provided a number of examples which proved absolutely chilling. I am now in the process of reviewing my insurance policies.[blink]

Complete coverage is absolutely critical — and get a qualified insurance broker to advise on the best policy for your needs. Why risk everything for the sake of a few hundred dollars. It’s just not worth it[confused2]

Regards,
    Helen

Profile photo of NEWGENNEWGEN
    Participant
    @newgen

If you live life taking into consideration what the worst case scenario of every situation is you’ll do a lot better :) My girlfriend always says ‘it’s not a question of IF sh*t will happen, it’s a question of WHEN’ [goatee] I’d definitely get insurance.. he can probably claim some of it back anyways.

Profile photo of jsandsojsandso
    @jsandso

Hi Noob,

Originally posted by Noob:

Did I forget to mention that he’s got a loan for over $260K and the house is worth over $320K?

My bank always wants a copy of the insurance policy, they even sending me a reminder before the policy is up for renewal

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.