All Topics / Help Needed! / CGT/PPOR??

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of bobfromtassie3bobfromtassie3
    Participant
    @bobfromtassie3

This may be a dumb question…???

I bought my home a few years ago and lived in it long enough to gain the First Home Owners grant but I am now renting it out. If I sold this place, do I pay any CGT as it was my PPOR (I have no other homes)

I have been told that I can nominate one home throughout my lifetime and claim it as my PPOR therefore paying no tax when selling???

Cheers,

Bob

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

If you move from your PPOR you have 6 years grace where you may sell it without CGT.

This is as long as you haven’t purchased a new PPOR. (They can overlap for up to 6 months).

Hope this helps,

Simon Macks
    Mortgage Broker
    http://www.mortgagehunter.com.au
    0425 228 985

NODOC Loan – 65% Loan – No questions asked!

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of bobfromtassie3bobfromtassie3
    Participant
    @bobfromtassie3

Thanks Simon,

Yes helps a lot, clears a few questions up for me!!

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek
    Originally posted by bobfromtassie3:

I have been told that I can nominate one home throughout my lifetime and claim it as my PPOR therefore paying no tax when selling???

Hi Bob,

Just a clarifying point – you can have more than one PPOR in your lifetime – you are not allowed to have more than one PPOR at any one time, apart from the 6 month rule Simon alluded to.

Derek
    [email protected]

Property Investment Support Available. Ongoing and never stopping. PM welcome.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.