All Topics / Help Needed! / Question for millionaires PLEASE HELP

Viewing 11 posts - 21 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Profile photo of Brenda IrwinBrenda Irwin
    Participant
    @brenda-irwin

Reading all these great posts, I forgot what the question was. Was it how I got to where I am now?

I got here now by being in the right place at the right time and was willing to have a go. After reading lots of investment books and attending a few seminars, I formed my own strategy and jumped in boots’n’all. You never know till you have a go.

If you want to get out of a hole, first stop digging.

Profile photo of Michael RMichael R
    @michael-r

“what was your biggest and best seed (or tool) that you planted to get you where you are today?”

seed = “education” ->

resulted in no money -> ignited drive and determination -> knowledge derived through education translated into viable business concept -> still no money, but committment -> concept attracted experienced and proficient individuals [team/network] -> concept + experience attracted finance -> concept became a reality.

Education is the foundation of where I am today.

— Michael

Profile photo of muppetmuppet
    @muppet

Hi Guys

Michael said:

Education is the foundation of where I am today.

I fully agree with there Michael.

As to how you get that education is up to the individual.

Whether you read many books and/or posts, attend seminars, interview or talk to others who are doing it, doesn’t matter. But educate yourself.

And as Brenda said

If you want to get out of a hole, first stop digging.

Your biggest enemy is procrastination.

Regards

Profile photo of thecrestthecrest
    Participant
    @thecrest

Hi Muppet
    As per the posting question – How did you do it ?
    cheers
    thecrest

thecrest | Tony Neale - Statewide Motel Brokers
    http://www.statewidemotelbrokers.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

selling motels in NSW

Profile photo of elveselves
    @elves

HI all, seems ages since I was on here!
    Ok forget the millionaire status or headlines:

Don’t let others put you down or talk you out of something, you are the only one who can decide (so long as we arent talking partners here)

Be positive but not naiive (knowledge is power some say)

Remain focused and don’t loose control.

Take risks, if you can’t then think about where you really should be looking eg a job or some other investment.

have goals, even small ones get you started.

I like to think I have a get out of jail card if I need to escape. Or plan B

Keep your eyes and options open.

If at first you have doubts, keep going, it takes time.

Sometimes you have to give up a lot to realise a dream, but then the rest flows.

I rarely worry about my debt, but I know it is there and probably to stay for the interim.

Like Westan I too did the reno thing last december, and have now just bought a new car, the total 100k would have been good to spend on some more house deposits, but you know what? I also want to live and enjoy what I earn. I figure my daughter and grandkids will do mighty well when I go and have not worked for it. So I am spending their inheritance while I can. LOL

all the best

Elves

” a blind man may see what a sighted man may not”

Profile photo of elveselves
    @elves

who was it that said
    “from little acorns mighty oak trees grow”
    or mighty oaks from little acorns grow

I think that sums it up yes?

Elves

” a blind man may see what a sighted man may not”

Profile photo of JulianJulian
    @julian
    Originally posted by Still in School:

Hi Kristine,

definetly mindset, and psychology (alot of it), discipline, control and being accountable for all decision making… and something i always say…

“i dont make goals, i make deadlines” (that is something seriously i always say and stick too.)

and if i can complete a deal or make a deal happen, then the most other important question is, How Can I… (this changes the way i think, but puts me into the drive position, to make things happen)

Cheers,
    sis

Wanna Talk About Stocks

Hi Sis,
    Thanks your “Wanna Talk About Stocks

Julian

THERE IS ALWAYS A BETTER WAY!

Profile photo of brainsbrains
    Participant
    @brains

Being self employed and having a business allowed me to pay the PPOR off pretty quickly, which allowed me to use the large equity to buy IPs.
    Also being able to adjust my income improved serviceability no end.

From scratch i started by researching property early 2002 then went to Morayfield QLD and bought 5 houses in April 02. (My wife freaked but thinks im a genius now…lol)

Since then have added a few more and a share portfolio and planning for the next property upswing. ( he says with mischievious grin & rubbing hands together)

Some great inspirational stories, excellent thread.

Profile photo of pelicanpelican
    @pelican

Kristine

I’d say the biggest seeds/tools are :

1. Knowledgde & ACTING upon that knowledgde…

Yr education is vital to make the move forward….

Recommended Reading :

– The Richest Man in Babylon
    – Think and grow rich
    – Steve’s book 0-130
    – Peter Spann’s Books
    – Real Estate Riches – Dolf De Roos

I’m not saying that ANY of these are HOW TO books, they are about mindest, and, offer quite a few pointers on direction you may want to take..

2. MINDSET – you have to motivate yourself, and, be confident.. Fear and greed need to be kept in check….. you also must look at how you will operate, ethically….

Don’t let family & friends that you have now, stop you….. These are the people who usually bring us down from our goals……

In the last 18 months my partner and I have built up 3.5 mil in assets…. and steadily rising….

The BIGGEST TOOL IS YOU ! It’s how you use it, that makes the difference !!! [biggrin]

You may know the cost of everything…. but what about the value ????

Profile photo of IbuycashflowIbuycashflow
    Participant
    @ibuycashflow
    Please only answer this question if you have over 1 million in assets or more.

Kristine, you loaded your question to sort out the millionaires.

“If you want to be a millionaire then ask a millionaire” –

What better person to ask than someone who has already done it. I guess you’re already on the right track.

It appears inspiration is a common denominator with most whether it be through education, mentors or whatever. Being focused on your goals without being sidetracked is extremely important and the craving for knowledge equally important.

Apply the concepts of other peoples money (OPR) and/or other peoples labour (OPL) and your wealth will escalate like a parabolic curve.

Cheers
    Jeff

Profile photo of sabwalsabwal
    @sabwal

The best seed as my late father and mother told me “In this country you can only get what you want by borrowing”. The more you borrow now the less you need to when you get old!

Viewing 11 posts - 21 through 31 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.