All Topics / Help Needed! / Investing in Perth Real Estate

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Profile photo of conleyconley
    Participant
    @conley

We are looking at buying a property in Perth. So far looking at Joondalup, Ballajura, northern suburbs but something under 250,000 (our price bracket).

What do other WA investors think?

Cade

Profile photo of UGUG
    @ug

Well it depend on what u looking for? are you looking for location close enough to CBD, with good transport with railway nearby? close to shopping mall?

If u like all the above features, well i like cannington. Do u just move in to perth ?

Yugi Tjoe

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

Hi Cade,

If I was buying in Perth at the moment I would get as close as possible to the city or the satellite centres. Focus on areas with easy access to and in close proximity to the water, rail and freeways.

Derek
    [email protected]

Property Investment Support Available. Ongoing and never stopping. PM welcome.

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

Obviously your looking at a – geared IP then?

Why are you looking at Joondalup, Ballajura or the Northern Suburbs?

You prefer these areas?

Why?

There are IP’s available around these areas for your price range. Joondalup has a lot happening especially with the UNI, and in OCT the rail will be through to Clarkson.

Unless your putting in a large deposit your yield will be low..

REDWING

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”
    Count The Currency With This Online Positive Cashflow Calculator

Profile photo of conleyconley
    Participant
    @conley

Thanks for the replies:

Redwing: The property will be -geared. Have just started our search, we don’t really mind where we buy but uni, schools, transport etc for Joondallup area appealed. We know people who have also bought around Ballajura area. We are looking for a reasonably new 4 x 2.

We have been warned away from Clarkson, but have not checked this out for ourselves, obviously we have a LOT of homework to do!!!

Thanks for your reply Yugi Tjoe. We have not moved to Perth. We used to live there a few years ago but as it is not possible to buy in our area we looking in Perth. We are not going to live there.

As you can probably all tell we are at the very beginners stage of this process. We will be spending alot of time searching this forum to pick up lots of advice/tips!

Conley

Profile photo of housemousehousemouse
    @housemouse

My Picks would be Success, Victoria Park, Rivervale, but I am new too.

Profile photo of J-RockJ-Rock
    @j-rock

Just bought a 4 bedroomer in Kingsley for 254k. Was looking aroung Craigie because it was undervalued however the median moved 20k over the couple of months we were looking. Can still get in there for low two hundreds but if I were you I’d have a look around Padbury, Heathridge for good quality 4×2 around the 250 mark. I think these suburbs still have a bit of growth in them even at this stage of the cycle.

J-Rock

Profile photo of DDDD
    @dd

Have you looked south at all?? The kwinana area is working class suburbs with good cheap buying and still reasonable returns.

Orelia parmelia Calista and Medina are the 4 suburbs that make up Kwinana and for 250k you get a 4 bedder and a 2 bedder unit. work out the rents and returns and the railway is extending to Thomas Street as we speak. I have one for sale but cant mention it here or I’ll get zapped so go do some more research first.

DD

Don’t sweat the small stuff,and it’s all small stuff!!

Profile photo of Top BlokeTop Bloke
    @top-bloke

Gday,

I live in perths southern suburbs, i agree that buying south of the river towards the kwinana/rockingham/port kennedy areas are the way to go. They currently have a railway line being built too, giving access through them to mandurah. Also have heard port kennedy is scheduled to have a marina built similar to the one currently at hillarys (northern suburbs).
    Hope this helps

Profile photo of ScreminScremin
    @scremin

[blink]
    oh… I’ve taught at Clarkson Primary… If that’s anything to go by, I wouldn’t buy or live there even if it was given to me! Feral, red-necked hicks…

[evil5][evil4]
    scremin.

Profile photo of conleyconley
    Participant
    @conley

Thanks so much for the advice we will check these areas out.

This is harder than it looks!!![confused2][confused2]

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

I have an IP in Clarkson, giving me a 9.4% return, great tenant and i’ve achieved ‘great’ growth, in fact the rent will be going up shortly to come in-line with other properties in the area.

Mindarie Key’s is right next door,you can walk to the ocean, the train will be in Clarkson in OCT and there’s a whole new developement happening there..*heck* i’d buy another..

do the figures when evaluating your deals..

REDWING

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”
    Count The Currency With This Online Positive Cashflow Calculator

Profile photo of DDDD
    @dd

Everyone has different opinions due to their person experience or fell for an area. You haver only one opinion that really matters, yours. So if you read all of the above, then do a heap of internet research and phonecalls to agents then check council websites as well for whats been approved or coming up in the area(s) then you will make an informed decision rather than a stab in the dark.

Damn that was good………………….just kidding.

Do what feels right, it usually is.

DD

Don’t sweat the small stuff,and it’s all small stuff!!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.