All Topics / Help Needed! / Landlords Ins – discount for multiple properties

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of rjkrjk
    @rjk

Hi, does anyone know if any of the landlord insurance companies give a discount for insuring multiple properties?

Profile photo of KamakKamak
    @kamak

Mine do (elders) in WA and I also make sure I get a discount on my Property Managment. Just ask and you might be surprised.

Sometimes lost in the forest, needing guidance.

Wanting to be wealthy, not rich.

Profile photo of SonjaSonja
    @sonja

Although I only have one IP, I have it on good authority (my wondrful PM) that not only do REI Insurance Brokers (via AON Landlords Property One policy) offer a discount for multiple properties but they also have an excellent product. You can contact them at [email protected]

I trust my PM but as you don’t know me or her it’s probably best to shop around. I also believe that a South Australian insurance company called Scheer offers a discount for multiple properties and has a pretty good product. I don’t personally know much more about them than that.

Regards
    Sonja

PS Have you tried a search of this site? I recall reading about insurance here in a number of threads.

Profile photo of elika7264elika7264
    @elika7264

Hi,
    CGU also offer a discount for multiple properties.

Helen[biggrin]

Profile photo of warrantwarrant
    @warrant

Hi All,
    I am unfamiliar with REi but fully understand the concept and how much it can benefit a PI. However, i dont know what the typical cost of REI on a property. Any one got some figures they could throw at me ?

Profile photo of rjkrjk
    @rjk

Thank you everyone for your replies, it’s great to have help. I’ll check out these companies and see how I go. Thanks again. Warrant, my landlords insurance currently ranges from $170 – $250 a year ($170 for a house in regional WA, and $250 for a unit in Sydney) – I’m not sure how they work out quotes, I think it might be by area as they don’t seem to want to know to much else.

Profile photo of warrantwarrant
    @warrant

Thanks for the figures rjk. I had a look at some online quotes yesterdak for REI and you are very correct in saying that the quote figure is very much dependant upon the location of the house (Much the same as car insurance is for cars).

Warrant.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.