All Topics / Opinionated! / Latham or Howard – seriosuly!

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Profile photo of grega21360grega21360
    @grega21360

Personally I dont like the major parties.
    Most common line for both sides is whether it is good for the party or not .
    Whatever happened to statesmanship and concern about what is good for the country.They camnt afford not to have us with all the revenue from stamp duty and CGT.
    They tried to get rid of negative gearing years ago and had to put it back when they found the Govt was becoming responsible for housing all the renters again .
    If we became a collective voice and chose worthwhile minor parties or independents who were interested in the good of the whole country , not just us we would all be better off.
    Cheers,
    Greg

Profile photo of FWFW
    @fw

Just Allan
    You shop at the wrong supermarket – Coles have BBQ chickens for $8 or less quite regularly.
    As for lying – I think that’s an endemic feature of politicians nowadays, which is a great pity.
    If you want to know if Labor leaders lie – go ask anybody who lives near the proposed Scoresby Freeway in Melbourne.

Keep smiling
    Felicity 8-)

Profile photo of richmondrichmond
    Participant
    @richmond

don’t you mean proposed “tollway” Felicity?

ps get your hot chooks later in the night, they’re usually half price ;)

Profile photo of pelicanpelican
    @pelican
    Originally posted by Ronulas:

At least John Howard makes a decision and stands by it.

I guess you are referring to his decision to go to war with a country that had no beef with us, making us all targets for bombers….. Gee thanks…..

Howard has blood on his hands…. several hundred people, Australians and other nationalities have died because of his decision…..

All for what ???

I’m not saying I like Latham, but John Howard is an arrogant little twirp…..

Profile photo of zizziz
    Participant
    @ziz

Hi All

Vote for the party that is going to create the most upset and disquite in the economy.

By all means abolish any favourable treatment of GCT, increase stamp duty, apply a land tax to all IP’s.

In the end the smart investor will stand to gain from the oppurtunities that are created as a consequence of the politicians idiocy. The last thing you want is another term where nothing happens.

Cheers

Profile photo of 1Winner1Winner
    Participant
    @1winner

I think I will vote for Pauline Hanson.[cigar]
    Why?
    Please explain !

May God prosper you always.[biggrin]
    Marc

Profile photo of SuperTedSuperTed
    @superted

Is there any possible ramifications for Australia with Indonesia electing a new president (who was an ex general).

So do we send Keating/Beasley up there with thier chocolate lips or ask the US for one nuke (just a little iddy biddy one) based in NT soemwhere ;-)

@superted

So another 3 more years of Labor moaning they lost the election on a “scare campaign”. (Wouldnt be anything to do with their devisive campaign).

So Latham needs more Hawke, less Gough and definately no Keating in his public personna.

For me of interest was wondering how many people voted for the greens actually went to the greens website and read about their policies.

Profile photo of MonopolyMonopoly
    @monopoly

Are you suggesting SuperTed, that Latham needs to “Loose the Squeeze”???!!!! [laugh4][lmao][laugh4]

Profile photo of kpkp
    @kp

TEd,
    What possible ramifications could you possibly mean ???

The biggest threat to Oz from Indonesia is if there is a mass exodus…as we do not have enough population, let alone soldiers to patrol the coastline to stop 220 million refugees invading the coastline by wooden boats !!!

Their biggest threat is the warmongering tone taken by our illustrious and dynamic duo, DOwner and Howie Howard

KP

@superted
    Originally posted by kp:

TEd,
    What possible ramifications could you possibly mean ???

The biggest threat to Oz from Indonesia is if there is a mass exodus…as we do not have enough population, let alone soldiers to patrol the coastline to stop 220 million refugees invading the coastline by wooden boats !!!

Their biggest threat is the warmongering tone taken by our illustrious and dynamic duo, DOwner and Howie Howard

KP

Was a good idea then to stop the reckless culling of crocodiles then but 220 million at once, I dont think so ;-) Bob Brown would let them all in though..

Warmongering pfffft Australia has got better working relations with Indonesia post Bali/ Jakarta bombings and Timor. The bowing down/ foreign relations work done by Keating/Beazley previously had no affect once Timor came around.

Our stance on Timor (with US help) actually strengthened our position in the area.( dont forget it was the labors illustrious leader Gough Whitlam that allowed the annex of Timor).

kp the ramifications I am thinking off relates to issues of instability in Indonesian provinces particulary West Papua and also further joint intelligence cooperation against JI. So how hardline will this former General be? or will he just be to busy trying to keep things together in Indonesia central then the outer areas.

The best thing about Howard is that he isnt a fence sitter ….

Profile photo of Jerzy BalowskiJerzy Balowski
    @jerzy-balowski

[/quote]

Was a good idea then to stop the reckless culling of crocodiles then but 220 million at once, I dont think so ;-) Bob Brown would let them all in though..

Warmongering pfffft Australia has got better working relations with Indonesia post Bali/ Jakarta bombings and Timor. The bowing down/ foreign relations work done by Keating/Beazley previously had no affect once Timor came around.

Our stance on Timor (with US help) actually strengthened our position in the area.( dont forget it was the labors illustrious leader Gough Whitlam that allowed the annex of Timor).

kp the ramifications I am thinking off relates to issues of instability in Indonesian provinces particulary West Papua and also further joint intelligence cooperation against JI. So how hardline will this former General be? or will he just be to busy trying to keep things together in Indonesia central then the outer areas.

The best thing about Howard is that he isnt a fence sitter ….

[/quote]

Dear oh dear oh dear Super?Ted

<editted personal attack – Derek>

You state that Australia has got better working relations with Indonesia since Bali.

Really ? Thats a good one.

Is that why Howard could not get Megawati to return his calls, immediately after the tragedy had occurred ? Doesnt sound like a good relationship to me. Its safe to say that things have not improved markedly since then, what with Howards electorally popular, but diplomatically pathetic comments about us being the deputy sherriff, and his little big man stance on pre-emptive strikes on foreign territory. Its strange, but I dont think that we were ever the target of terrorist threats as we are now, when Keating and Beazley were supposedly bowing down as you say (whatever that means?).

Whats more, even though Whitlam condoned the annexation of East Timor by Indonesia prior to invasion, along with US President Ford, he was fully supported by the opposition of the day, which included your hero Johnny Dubya. Either way, as it was a Portuguese colony, I would have thought that they would shoulder a large proportion of the blame for leaving them high and dry.

You say

“The best thing about Howard is that he isnt a fence sitter ….”

Its a bit hard to sit on the fence when you keep falling off it because nobody told him anything.

<Editted personal attack – Derek. By all means debate the topic but leave the personal comments out>

@superted

ROFL….another glass of chardonnay for you (or whatever whine takes your fency)

Our federal police and other agencies would disagree with you on the PRESENT working relationship with the indonesian authorities.

I wouldnt call Howard my hero, but i think he is doing a great job. Who is your hero?

@jerzy-balowski

Ted, Ted, Ted

If only you could just go to a shop and buy some credibility. You’d then have some hope.

Firstly, What does the link to that newspaper article from The Australian, have to do with our supposed present working relationship with Indonesia ? The same Indonesia, by the way, that you suggest in an earlier post we aim a nuke at.

Was I supposed to read that and somehow be transformed into a neo-con such as yourself. Im afraid that you will have to do a little bit more than just quote some irrelevent tabloid rubbish, to convince me that our present relationship with Indonesia is as good as its ever been. Far from it, our efforts in Timor’s independance struggle, whilst I totally agree with, DO NOT strengthen our position (whatever our position is, that you are alluding to). Only the most dimwitted would think that somehow our involvement, however noble, would endear us to the Indonesian people. Think for a moment, what we would do if Indonesia took on a similar role in a struggle for independance, for example, in the Torres Strait islands. Think long and hard, what your reaction would be.

As you quote our Federal Police and other agencies – other being, I assume DFAT, ONA, ASIO and the like. I would have thought their recent record of achievment would not be something to gloat about.
    Lets look at the Fed Police. Mick Keelty for all his honesty in admitting that we have become a bigger terrorist target because of our involvement in Iraq, gets severly nobbled by your hero for daring to state the obvious. This wasnt just a disagreement, this was a serious rebuke for the head of our Feds. No fault of Keelty’s or the Feds, who deserve praise for their efforts in Bali. But their credibility, because of Howard has been damaged.
    DFAT – What a pathetic dept under Lord Fishnet Downer they have become. All the excuses under the sun could not wash the blood of the Bali victims from their hands. There is still no viable explanation, as to why the US could declare a terrorist warning amongst its nationals yet DFAT could not. There were plenty of Yanks there, yet the death toll reads 88 Australians, 7 US killed.
    ONA and ASIO- WMD, SIEVX, Children Overboard, does this need any more explanation, except that any dissenters amongst their ranks ie. Andrew Wilkie, Mike Scrafton will not have their evidence disproved. Instead, their character will be dragged through the dirt. How Noble !

Finally, This may come as a shock to someone who mixes with the hoi poloi such as yourself, but not all of us commoners have such an acquired taste for Chardonnay. I wouldn’t know a Bordeaux from a Claret. Then again, I’m sure a Tory Toff such as yourself would have an extensive wine cellar.
    Me ? I’m quite partial to Bundy Black Label Rum. Its almost impossible to find as I think its discontinued, but Im sure with your connections with the Liberal Party Elites you could swing something my way. What do ya reckon Teddy.

Profile photo of RugbyfanRugbyfan
    @rugbyfan
    Me ? I’m quite partial to Bundy Black Label Rum. Its almost impossible to find as I think its discontinued, but Im sure with your connections with the Liberal Party Elites you could swing something my way. What do ya reckon Teddy.

Jerzy my dear lefty

Bundy Black is alive and well. Many bottle shops sell it and if they don’t have it on their shelves, they should be able to get it in for you.

Aged 8 years in oak. Bloody beautiful!

“Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a handsome and well preserved body, but better to skid in sideways, thoroughly used, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming . …… Hell, what a trip !!”

@jerzy-balowski

Ahhhh Comrade Ruggers, you old poodle you.

I’m not really a Lefty, just anti extreme Right Wing. Straight down the centre, if you like. But thats ok, I’m cool with Lefty, when compared to Mussollini.
    In fact, I could just as easily disagree with a bleeding heart trotskyite, if there were any around. Its just that they dont take the bait so aggresively. Kind of like a toadfish. You dont really know you’ve hooked one until you reel one in and see it. If it were up to them, we’d all be made to ride bicycles, and just to make it completely conformist, would not even give us a choice of colour.

Now for the deadly serious matter of trying to locate, what I have deemed, more rare than a cash flow positive property in the Sydney metropolitan area.
    On my many routine excursions to selected bottle shops for my fix of Chardonnay –
    NO, WAIT,
    I mean VB, I had noticed an absence of Bundy Black on the shelves. When I had finally finished my most recent duty free bottle, courtesy of a mate returning from Bali, I started searching more diligently, but could only find this new product called Bundaberg Distillers No 3. This one comes with a silver label instead, and is very smooth as well, but just not the real deal.

Another funny story. Only last weekend, I was down the south coast of NSW on a holiday, and managed to find a bottle of Black at an Ulladulla bottle shop. It was the last bottle on the shelf and hidden up the back. When I asked the bloke at the counter if he had any more, his response was –
    I didnt know Bundy Rum came in a black label
    Needless to say, this bottle, VAT 1994, is now in my possession, but am very reluctant to crack it open until I am assured of a replacement.

I dont suppose you could give out any advice as to where to look ? I mean, its not like I’m asking where I could find any property that meets the 11 second solution.

@superted
    Originally posted by Jerzy Balowski:

Ted, Ted, Ted

If only you could just go to a shop and buy some credibility. You’d then have some hope.

Firstly, What does the link to that newspaper article from The Australian, have to do with our supposed present working relationship with Indonesia ? The same Indonesia, by the way, that you suggest in an earlier post we aim a nuke at.

I removed the link, it was more to identify that you have backed a losing horse but were in fine company albeit still a loser.

So are you saying we don’t have a working relationship with Indonesia at PRESENT time?
    The nuke post was a joke but you missed that as well (see ;-) ). For someone that try’s to write with amusement and sound highly literate, it appears you missed a few classes.

Was I supposed to read that and somehow be transformed into a neo-con such as yourself. Im afraid that you will have to do a little bit more than just quote some irrelevent tabloid rubbish, to convince me that our present relationship with Indonesia is as good as its ever been. Far from it, our efforts in Timor’s independance struggle, whilst I totally agree with, DO NOT strengthen our position (whatever our position is, that you are alluding to). Only the most dimwitted would think that somehow our involvement, however noble, would endear us to the Indonesian people. Think for a moment, what we would do if Indonesia took on a similar role in a struggle for independance, for example, in the Torres Strait islands. Think long and hard, what your reaction would be.

LoL me a neo con, as usual you have a misconception that is wrong.
    Yes the working relationship is not as good as it has ever been.. but it is still there and much better then immediately after Timor, a point you seem to be ignoring.

The strengthened position alludes more to a military one and our ties with the US/Britain, UN backing in our Timor role.
    I agree with you that Indonesia wouldn’t be happy but what would they do about it?

Your comments past “dimwitted” are a no brainer and make you sound less smart then you want to appear for actually stating what would be common knowledge.

From your point of view I suppose this is a waste of time for John Howard to develop a relationship with the new president.

http://afr.com/articles/2004/10/14/1097607350025.html

As you quote our Federal Police and other agencies – other being, I assume DFAT, ONA, ASIO and the like. I would have thought their recent record of achievment would not be something to gloat about.
    Lets look at the Fed Police. Mick Keelty for all his honesty in admitting that we have become a bigger terrorist target because of our involvement in Iraq, gets severly nobbled by your hero for daring to state the obvious. This wasnt just a disagreement, this was a serious rebuke for the head of our Feds. No fault of Keelty’s or the Feds, who deserve praise for their efforts in Bali. But their credibility, because of Howard has been damaged.
    DFAT – What a pathetic dept under Lord Fishnet Downer they have become. All the excuses under the sun could not wash the blood of the Bali victims from their hands. There is still no viable explanation, as to why the US could declare a terrorist warning amongst its nationals yet DFAT could not. There were plenty of Yanks there, yet the death toll reads 88 Australians, 7 US killed.
    ONA and ASIO- WMD, SIEVX, Children Overboard, does this need any more explanation, except that any dissenters amongst their ranks ie. Andrew Wilkie, Mike Scrafton will not have their evidence disproved. Instead, their character will be dragged through the dirt. How Noble !

In your assumption that Howard is my hero and thus a man of no wrong it may come as a total shock that I actually agree with you about the unfair shafting of those public servants you mentioned. So in your attempt to play me and not the “opinion” (the forum is opinionated), you missed the ball again.

Weird thing is why didn’t the brilliant Labor strategists go after this ball and the Iraq ball?Instead of such a devisive campaign on schools and targeting the man (Howard).

Finally, This may come as a shock to someone who mixes with the hoi poloi such as yourself, but not all of us commoners have such an acquired taste for Chardonnay. I wouldn’t know a Bordeaux from a Claret. Then again, I’m sure a Tory Toff such as yourself would have an extensive wine cellar.

Ha, I have nfi what “hoi poloi” means and can only assume that a Bordeaux comes from france somewhere having never sampled it. And at a guess is a red….

And me a Tory Toff?? Wrong again Jerzy

LoL Jerzy you seem to attack the player and not the ball to earn your credibility. Your political assumptions of me are totally wrong as was Labors on the electorate. Im actually a tad right of centre and I think most of the population labor targeted (their core voters) have moved a bit right towards the centre. Except labor failed to realise the times have changed.

So essentially Jerzy you and Labor are left right out.

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.