All Topics / General Property / Commercial Investing – Any clues?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of RonulasRonulas
    @ronulas

Hi Guy’s,

I have stumbled across a comercial investment opportunity and knowing nothing about it thought someone here might know what to look for.

Property is a block of 7 offices. Currently tennanted by both government and private businesses. eg Hairdressers ect. Cost around $400k
    Gross returns about 75k a year.

Questions I thought of:

1. Who pays utilities eg Electricity/ Water
    2. Who pays cleaning?
    3. Would I have to pay liability insurance or would the individual business pay that?
    4. What sort of security would the bank require.

All I have as security is one IP worth $120000 but I still owe $20000 on it.

5. Does the bank use the Commercail Property as security?
    6. Can Property be used as Equity at a later time.

Can anyone answer these questions and add to them if possible.

I figure that I would rather buy 1 property which has several income streams in one go rather then pay separate costs for say… several houses.

Thanks[biggrin]

You will always miss 100% of the shots you don’t take!

Profile photo of MJTMJT
    @mjt

Hi Ronulas,

ask the REA for advertising stuff for the property. The should have a folder or something with current leases etc and outline any zonings and the like… at least the last few commercial we looked at did.

I can answer some of these Q’s for you;
    1. tennant should pay these.
    2. tennant
    3. not sure
    4. I read on this forum somewhere (from one of the brokers) that banks will lend between 60-75%
    5. dunno
    6. Hope so!

Just check how the rents are increased. Are they linked to inflation, agreed periodical increases or …..other..

Hope this was some help for you. A Guru will be able to tidy up my ramblings and enlighten you.

[arrowhead]

Matt

Profile photo of MJTMJT
    @mjt

Just thought of another – does the building have toilets? Are they in each shop or a common toilet block?

If common do they all pay for the up keep through a sinking fundetc or is this cost borne by the owner?

Matt

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.