All Topics / General Property / investing overseas

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of pro78pro78
    @pro78

could be a dumb question – but thought i’d ask anyway.
    what countries allow australian citizens to purchase land. or if it’s easier, what countries don’t allow australians to buy land?

Profile photo of MonopolyMonopoly
    @monopoly

Hi Pro,

Well the only place o/s that I would REALLY love to buy into, is the Cook Islands, either Rarotonga or Aitutaki, but alas, no can do; I’ve tried!!! The best solution is to run a business there, rent for minimum of 5 years, and then (maybe) they will reconsider and allow you to purchase!!!

(Sighhhhhhhhh….) Oh well, I will just have to be satisfied with our very own coconut tree planted as a young “uto” in commemoriation of our wedding day!!! [inlove]

Kia Orana!!! [sunny]

Jo

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

Hi pro78

i see no one has tried to answer the question, i don’t know the answer either but i do for some countries
    In New Zealand you can buy residential property but need approval to buy large acreages (can’t remember exactly how large).
    I believe you can buy in the UK and the USA also.
    would others like to add their knowledge ?

regards westan

I live in New Zealand and for a fee find cash positive deals there, email me at [email protected] to join our database

Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo

I know you can buy in Fiji – not too sure what the paperwork is like but Aussies are allowed to invest down there.

I’ve found a way to help you save and earn whilst not selling or delivering any product. If interested, drop me an email or PM me to find out how

Profile photo of YorkerYorker
    @yorker

I tried to invest in Vanuatu recently, however got shut down by the land council. The Chief owns all land and will only allow very few DAs. At the end of the day you don’t even own the land.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.