All Topics / Forum Frolic / PI.com versus Somersoft

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo

Hi,

Just wanna say that Ive looked at both sites – and think there excellent and very informative. However, I do believe that PI.com is way much more user-friendly than the somersoft is.

I’ve found a way to help you save and earn whilst not selling or delivering any product. If interested, drop me an email or PM me to find out how

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

Agree 100% Geo..

SNITZ have done a great job, i find this site more user-friendly also..

REDWING

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”
    Count The Currency With This Online Positive Cashflow Calculator

Profile photo of MonopolyMonopoly
    @monopoly

I agree guys, PI is definitely more “user” friendly but that is where it starts and ends!!!

IMO Somersoft is a much “friendlier” crowd all round, the chatroom is always occupied by very chatty/friendly types, and the forum posts are not only informative, but facts are better researched and generally far more authenticated!!!

This place leaves Somersoft for dead in members, but I think eventually time will see a turn around. Either way, both have pros and cons, pluses and minuses, it depends on what matters most to you. For ME where Somersoft falls down in functionality it regains ten-fold in factuality!!! [medieval]

Jo

Profile photo of wrappackwrappack
    @wrappack

Have only recently joined somersoft. I think both forums are fantastic, but the devils advocate tends to rear its head much more often than on somersoft. I think this is a shame, as we always should be thinking about potential negative consequences of a deal. After all, sometimes the best deal is the one which is not done. Somersoft seems to be more upbeat, more ‘you can do it’ in a Tony Robbins-Amway style.

Certainly for trusts, I would be heading to somersoft!

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

It isn’t a competition, folks. This Forum is a discussion place about property. It is what we make it to be.

kay henry

Profile photo of pelicanpelican
    @pelican

Somersoft is ok, but is has some pretty overzealous moderators…. to the point of not allowing free speech….

Smacks of arrogance to me, in some instances……

You may know the cost of everything…. but what about the value ????

Profile photo of AceyduceyAceyducey
    Participant
    @aceyducey

Both forums have their place. Over time I’m seeing people migrate from PI to Somersoft as they are educated on investing.

It’s a good thing to have PI around as the introductory forum, Steve’s books & PR keep a good supply of interested would-be investors flooding in & there’s a good core of regulars who keep the questions answered.

There are also a number of other good property forums about that people will discover as they become more experienced investors.

All of them do very well – it’s not about competing for market share after all.

BTW – free speech is not a right, it’s a responsibility Pelican.

Cheers,

Aceyducey

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.

– Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut

Profile photo of muppetmuppet
    @muppet

Hi Acey

You said:

There are also a number of other good property forums about that people will discover as they become more experienced investors.

Can you elaberate please?
    Would love to have a look.

Regards

Profile photo of trisha007trisha007
    @trisha007

I have only had a brief look at somersoft but this site appears to be more “user-friendly”

I would like this site to have a chat room though…

Trisha

Profile photo of elika7264elika7264
    @elika7264

Hi All,

I am a recent convert to Somersoft.

In my opinion both forums provide excellent advice and support.

I think Somersoft is more attuned to the experienced investor — the depth of knowledge on this forum is awesome. I am truly amazed at the quality of advice meted out by members.

Helen
    [biggrin]

@pelican
    Originally posted by Aceyducey:

BTW – free speech is not a right, it’s a responsibility Pelican.

Aceyducey

HUH ??? So in other words, if my opinion is different from another posters, my post will get deleted….. come on Acey…

Forums are here for people to have debates & discussions…. Some of the moderators at SS are a bit on the heavy handed side…..

Profile photo of AceyduceyAceyducey
    Participant
    @aceyducey
    Originally posted by Pelicaninvestments:Some of the moderators at SS are a bit on the heavy handed side…..

Hey Pelican, if you don’t like the level of due diligence used to cut out the spurious and vitriolic posters, go elsewhere…ah that’s right – you had no choice [biggrin]

Muppet, I was referring to places like the Reno Kings, Reno Brothers & the like.

Cheers,

Aceyducey

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.

– Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut

@pelican

Acey,

I know you think you are a big fish in the little ponds of investing forums, but, seriously…. stop being an arrogant twirp….. You aren’t a god, and, neither am I or Steve or Jan Somers or any other “guru” It is posts like yours that the regulars go elsewhere….. and by the way, I do go elsewhere… I actually get out there and invest, instead of just talking about it……

Due dilligence is not what goes on here, or at Somersoft….

Somersoft is where you go for facts and information. PI is where you go to debate an issue…..

Stop trying to say an apple is an orange, when clearly, its an apple….

Profile photo of qwertyqwerty
    Participant
    @qwerty
    Profile photo of MonopolyMonopoly
    @monopoly
    Originally posted by Pelicaninvestments:

Somersoft is where you go for facts and information.
    Absolutely!!!

PI is where you go to debate an issue…..
    Hmmmm….now that’s DEBATE-ABLE!![wacko]

There’s always the chatroom at SS which is full of fun and lots of friendly chatterboxes swapping yarns!!! IT ROCKS!!!

Catch you there Pelican!!! [winking]

@pelican

You can be sure of that…….

Profile photo of MrMakelaarMrMakelaar
    @mrmakelaar

What is the weblink for Somersoft??

Thanks

Profile photo of PepperPepper
    @pepper

Somersoft is better value. MrMakelaar the link is to go to http://www.somersoft.com/forums and i think the chat room is accessed thru there to.

Pepper

Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

Acey, ” Steve’s books & PR keep a good supply of interested would-be investors flooding in & there’s a good core of regulars who keep the questions answered.”

– well said.
    “Steve’s books” being the original draw-card. Yes, I would agree that “would-be investors” might out-number the investors here judging from the amount of ‘where are the CF+ve properties?’ posts. Also agree about the good core of regulars.

I’ve been here since 2000 members, and what is it up to now? 40, ooo? That’s a lot of newbies. Some crash on, make a lot of noise, get banned or burn out, and disappear. That’s life. I’m still here cause it’s not just a phase with me, this +ve CF investing – it’s the way that property investing becomes ‘affordable’ and accessible to all (me!) rather than exclusively with people on high incomes who can ‘afford’ to negative gear. Yeah, yeah, feel free to call me a devotee or sycophant or whatever, if it makes you feel happy/safe/secure/superior/better. At your service.

It is logical to me that people that are ‘not into’ Steve’s methods, never will be, have never read his books or been to his seminars, nor are likely to in the future, are into negative gearing or whatever – might not feel that supported around here because the focus and drawcard has been Steve and his theories – Steve being an investor who has ‘never done a negatively geared deal’.

Sure, those people might get into debates and feel that this forum is skewed towards +ve CF. And so be it.

It is possible that those people will feel much more comfortable on Somerset forums, and so be it. I for one will wish them well. Had a look around and it seems nice in there too but really, how many forums does one have time for? So perhaps I am hoping that this place will chill out a bit and some of the people who felt they didn’t fit in here will find a home where they are happy. Be that somerset or wherever.

I have a sneaking suspicion that some people who will leave will end up behaving at Somerset exactly like they do here, and end up with exactly the same result as they got here. The universe, the world, this forum, that forum – reflects back at you what you put out.

Ponder this if you are the person who finds themselves saying ‘it’s not me, it’s THEM!” on a regular basis!

cheers-
    Mini

joy to the world

Profile photo of yackyack
    @yack

Hey Mini

I agree with your comments. I never thought I would say that 12-18 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.