All Topics / Help Needed! / My 1st home

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Profile photo of MoneyMoney
    @money

Hello all,
    This is first time on this site
    i just wanna ask something i am 18 years old.
    i just bought my 1st house for $270K and wondered if that is good for me like being young do u hear of that much? i saved 45000 deposit over 4 years. My solicitor said im the youngest his seen, i hav no garontor.

Hey do u rekon i could write a book about my 1st house and my age like steve has done but 4 young people?

Profile photo of FFCommFFComm
    @ffcomm

Well your grammar will have to be better (j/k).

I think you could. But you’ve only bought one property. SiS (whos on this forum and very young) has bought more than 16 (from memory that is – Also there are of young prop. inv. that I know of who have an expanding property portfolios who are also on this forum).

If your target audience is teenager capitalists, probably not.

Yes if it is for teenagers wanting to get into their first home, yes (perhaps).

In the end what content are you going to provide?

Rgds.
    Lucifer_au

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

Well I think it is great.

why don’t you talk to Holly at

http://www.teenageinvestor.com

She might be interested in your story.

Cheers,

Simon Macks
    Mortgage Broker
    http://www.mortgagehunter.com.au
    0425 228 985

NODOC Loan – 65% Loan – No questions asked!

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of emcdonaldemcdonald
    @emcdonald

aussie kid,

if you do get around to writing it please send me through a copy – i love a good sucess story :D

e x

Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo

Hey Aussie Kid,

if you truly believe that your story is an exceptional one, then write it up, and send it in to many magazines. Call them up and ask them iof you could see them and prove your story to them – if its eye-catching, chances are they will publish it.

Best of luck,

Kind Regards,
    George.

I’ve found a way to help you save and earn whilst not selling or delivering any product. If interested, drop me an email or PM me to find out how

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

Hi Kid,

Congratulations on your achievements – I for one would be interested in hearing a summary of the key points such as what got you started, what strategies did you use to discipline yourself into a savings routine, did you have mentors/supporters who helped you along the way and equally as important what’s next?

I am sure your story would be of interest to the number of ‘young/starting out investors’ who frequent this site.

Derek
    [email protected]

Property Investment Support Available. Ongoing and never stopping. PM welcome.

Profile photo of feefifofumfeefifofum
    @feefifofum

Hey Aussie Kid,

I agree with Derek – not only because I’m the Mother of two teenagers, but also, as a reminder to all of the importance of setting goals and having realistic and achievable plans.

I’d be really keen on hearing your story. How did you save so much (this is fantastic, not just at such a young age, but I think for any age)? What jobs did you do to get that sort of money? Who/what motivated you?

Well done,

[thumbsup2]

Feefifofum

Profile photo of housemousehousemouse
    @housemouse

Hey Aussie Kid

Great to hear about your success. I was a little older, 21 when I bought my first place I saved 12k in just under a year. I haven’t lived at home since 17 so I am wondering did you save this while living at home or not?? I have a lot of friends that have bought places by living at home and not having to worry about any bills so they can basically save their whole wages. I have a friend 22 who has saved 30k over the past 18 months but she doesn’t have to pay a cent in expenses. Now 18 months on, with the equity in my place am looking at in building a duplex pair. I am keen to hear more about your dedication and success.

Congratulations.

Profile photo of MonopolyMonopoly
    @monopoly

Hey Aussie Kid,

Welcome to the forum, and [thumbsupanim]CONGRATULATIONS!!! [drummer]

I love hearing success stories especially from such young investors, and this place has some really inspirational RE motived people. [sunny]

Like you, emcdonald (who has posted above) is also about your age, and she too has done great things for one so young!!! Both of you, deserve to be recognised for such mature thinking, foresight and forward planning!!! WELL DONE!!![thumbsupanim]

I bought my first home only weeks before my 18th birthday, and it was a struggle, but it has paid off!!! With that kind of mentality, you will well and truly surpass my measely efforts!!! Keep up the good work, and let us know, if/when you publish your book….that will be a definite MUST buy/read for me!!!

Cheers,

Jo

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

[specool]Aussiekid..

Congratulations [thumbsupanim]

Job well done…how the heck did you save such a deposit $11’250 per year ($216 per week) , after tax?

Soon as i started earning an income, i started paying board etc.

the teenage investor sounds like a great idea, also apprentice millionaire or yourmortgage like Still in School.

Keep up the great work…

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”
    Count The Currency With This Online Positive Cashflow Calculator

Profile photo of DDDD
    @dd

If only we had all started so young we wouldnt all be so cynical. This kid is to be admired for what he has achieved where others go out every week on the grog in their youth this kid has saved like a demon and got into property. So not only is he smart, but if he keeps being diligent and hard working I feel he may be retired with 10 books under his belt by 40.

Good on ya mate. Have a go and show the neigh sayers what you are all about.

Make a difference through sharing your info, dont hoard it as some do. Others will then appreciate your efforts and other opportunities will come.

well done.

DD

Don’t sweat the small stuff,and it’s all small stuff!!

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

DD

What naysayers are you referring to? I thought all the replies seemed quite positive and supportive?

I think it a super achievement and wish I had started at that age!

Simon Macks
    Mortgage Broker
    http://www.mortgagehunter.com.au
    0425 228 985

NODOC Loan – 65% Loan – No questions asked!

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of LeoniLeoni
    @leoni

Hi there Money,
    Congrats, I think that’s a fantastic achievement to be very proud of. Wish I started when I was 18 yrs old, my husband and I finally pulled our respective fingers out when we were 28yrs and 37yrs respectively.

I’d love to hear who/what motivated you, does school encourage you down that path (certainly didn’t in my day) Did your parents assist, teach you to save etc. How did you earn your $$$, part time work etc? I am asking because I would love to teach my daughter (only 4 at the moment) so that when she leaves school she will also invest in her future and not have had to stuggle like her parents.

Well done,
    Cheers,
    Leoni

Profile photo of MoneyMoney
    @money

Hello guys,
    Do apreciate your replys.
    I have noticed that a few of you have asked about what motivated me and who mentored me and how did i save the $$ i guess u will have to read my book 1 day 2 see it all, but i just motivated myself, and worked heaps and saved every cent. I am very disipline with savings, i have a brand new car cash i paid just coz i saved and worked for it, when i started working at 14 i got paid $70 a day for a full day and worked 2 days (weekends) and after school and yeh. now i am a real estate agent but yeh nothing special.
    Mentors,i didnt have any i just wanted 2 own property, then clarified my goals of what i want to do in my life and archive.

Oh BTW i created the return from a $200 return to $340 PW by adding granny flat which cost me $2500 to build with 2nd hand materials.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.