All Topics / Help Needed! / Help needed

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of viralkviralk
    @viralk

Dear Friends! The last seminare I have attended was Steve’s in Melbourne last month. Any exiting seminar coming up in near future?

Help needed?
    I am researching the town/city where I can buy my next IP. I would really appreciate if experienced people in this forum can help me to put me on the right track if I am on the wrong track or comment anyway.

Two factors I am considering to find the postcode

1 – Affordable price of the houses Say $115,000. Above this price – If the avg. median price of the house in the town is more than $115,000, I will not look at that town.

2) Low capital growth in last year as compare to other towns in the same state. Low capital growth means >=15%. If growth is more than 15% – I will not look at the town.

After I find few towns which would satisfy above two criterias, I will search each town and find out about it’s population, growth, nearby town etc…

AM I DOING RIGHT THING..PLEASE HELP.

SINCERELY,[confused2]
    VIRAL

Profile photo of PurpleKissPurpleKiss
    Participant
    @purplekiss

Everyone’s strategy is different. If $115000 is what you have available to finance the deal the you’d be silly to be looking at properties you cannot afford.

As for capital growth, I don’t know, you may be limiting yourself by cutting out areas that have had growth, it is possible they have had growth becaseu they are in areas that will experience more growth, it is also possible that the twon has already had it’s run. I wouldn’t limit the towns by growth, I’d look at why, how much etc regarding the growth and make it a factor of my decision but woldn’t rule towns out simply becasue they have had growth.

Good luck
    PK

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.