Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of KamakKamak
    @kamak

Just offered 21K less for a property on at $160K. Owners have come back at $158K. Will wait the 48hrs Peter Spann suggests then go again, but only 3-4K higher. Will be interesting to see how this pans out but will not buy above 155K.

You never know, just start low. Have had friends make stupid offers then been surprised.

Good luck

Sometimes lost in the forest, needing guidance.

Wanting to be wealthy, not rich.

Profile photo of KamakKamak
    @kamak

Opps was suppose to tack that on the end of the conditions thread.

Sometimes lost in the forest, needing guidance.

Wanting to be wealthy, not rich.

Profile photo of fostonfoston
    @foston

Making low offers does pay off in certain circumstances. The house next door to us is a rental property which the owner had let run down a bit and the tenants had expressed their unhappiness with their landlord to us on several occassions, due to his lack of maintenance on the property.
    They also were quite happy to show us the problems the house had. We had arranged a meeting with the owner to discuss rebuilding the dividing fence. I asked him if he was interested in selling the property and he said he had thought about it.
    He wanted $170k for it as it was and if i was interested to submit an offer.I told him i wanted a couple of days to think about it and during this time i spoke to several tradespeople about repairs that were needed.
    I allowed for the absolute worst scenario and i offered $130k thinking he would want to negiote.To my utter surprise he accepted my offer, making low offers does pay.

Cheers
    Foston

Life is a series of new beginnings

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.