All Topics / General Property / Asbestos -how to deal with it

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of jemarcherjemarcher
    @jemarcher

Hi Ladies and Gentlemen,
    We are currently in the process of purchasing an older house (’70s vintage) besides being generally worn the house is not to bad, however the pre-purchase building inspection report states the building is likely to contain asbestos. We going to have this checked.

We would imagine that there would be a lot of older houses on the market that contain asbestos in one form or another, in the event that building does contain asbestos what would be my obligations as the landlord?

Do we have to have it removed? If not how can we legally protect myself from the possibility that a tenant could accidentally or intentionally disturb asbestos within the building?

Do we need to placard the building to identify that it contains asbestos?

If known what the likely costs associated with removal of asbestos from th building? and what sort of items items would it be in?

We realise there is a lot of questions above, we would greatly appreciate any assistance available.

Regards

Peter & Jemima

Profile photo of PurpleKissPurpleKiss
    Participant
    @purplekiss

Do a search on this as there was quite alengthy discussion a few weeks back about what clasues may be able to be put into the contract to over yourself. See if you can find that thread as it was quite interesting.

But no, at this stage you don’t ahve to remove it.

PK

Profile photo of jemarcherjemarcher
    @jemarcher

PK,

Thankyou, my initial search of the forums didn’t produce any results, I’ll spend some more time tonight searching for the string.

Cheers

Pete

Profile photo of AUSPROPAUSPROP
    Participant
    @ausprop

https://www.propertyinvesting.com/forum/topic/12080.html

Extensive list of ‘Off The Plan’ property available for sale in Perth.

John – 0419 198 856

Profile photo of wanting morewanting more
    @wanting-more
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.