All Topics / Help Needed! / Buying a block of land – what checks should I do?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of luckyoneluckyone
    @luckyone

Hi All,

I need your advice here. My husband and I are looking at buying a vacant block of land. What checks should we perform and also how do I find out for sure that the land is not in a flood area or something horrible like that?

Thanks in advance,
    Luckyone

Thanks,
    Luckyone

Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo

Hi Luckyone

– Get a surveyor to look at it.
    – Do council checks – they might want to build a road on it in 5 years time.
    – Check hat the rates are from council
    – Check from council what your entitled to build on it and by when (what the zoning is on it)
    – Check what the Body Corporate is on it
    – Also, check what the surrounding factors are ie. any amenities, is the land surrounded by other land, houses or commercial buildings

– if you want to build on it, check what the potential rent could be for that area (from real estate agent)

Kind Regards,
    George.

I’ve found a way to help you save and earn whilst not selling or delivering any product. If interested, drop me an email or PM me to find out how

Profile photo of luckyoneluckyone
    @luckyone

Thanks George, I’ll check all that out.

Thanks,
    Luckyone

Profile photo of kpkp
    @kp

Also check that there are no easements or restrictive covenants on the block. This should show up on the search of the title deed, and the agent selling should have a copy on file.
    Otherwise you can order a copy from the titles office.
    Depending on where you are, you may need to confirm the soil conditions (may need a soil certificate)
    Where we are there are 5 soil certificate categories and they affect site and building costs from zero to $7000 +

Good Luck

KP

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.