All Topics / Value Adding / Boundary Realignment

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of wrappackwrappack
    @wrappack

Just stumbled upon a (potentially) good subdivision. But, access is hopeless for a major subdivision. The owner tried to negotiate with the next door neighbour, but his demands were excessive, and he is more than happy to do nothing and stall any development.

However, if I was to buy a slice off a different adjoining block, I would have excellent access, and be able to proceed, with the major stumbling block (adequate access) out of the way. The bit I wish to buy is a 200m.m triangle of floodway, plus a bit to put a road on.

Now, I would assume that my to do list would encompass the following.

Option/subject to the block I want to buy
    Approach owner re options- they may wish to sell, but if they agree to sell a bit of the backyard;
    Survey the adjoining blocks
    Set up some legal form for a boundary realignment (I have no idea what is involved with this)
    Pay/compensate owner.
    Send something to council and lands title office.
    BTW, the owner that I would be approaching has his land burdoned by a right of carriageway, which will be extinguished after access is gained by the other street.

This roc adjoins his pool, and thus, if he was to allow/sell me a slice of floodway, he would gain significant usable space next to the pool.

Sounds like a win/win,
    Any ideas about costs (am in nsw)

Any comments

Profile photo of SonjaSonja
    @sonja

Not exactly the same scenario but…

Our IP has a road running accross the fence and through the cubby house and then over the back verandah. This is only on paper of course. The cost to “close the road” (translate: adjust the boundary on paper so that the existing fenceline is actually the legal boundaryline) is quoted as being between 8 and 12k.

Cheers
    Sonja

PS become good friends with the neighbour you want to buy the land off. Find out if the extra space near the pool is what they really want – or is it something else you can help with? Offer to work in with thier desires regarding the development as far as is reasonably possible. Seems like this person is the key to your success in this deal.

Profile photo of wrappackwrappack
    @wrappack

The 8-12k- Where does that go? Was that to buy some land off the neighbour, or legal fees?

Stopped by council today, they said all I need is a survey and a piece of paper signed by both landowners.

Profile photo of SonjaSonja
    @sonja

In my case it was to the council to cover the cost of “closing the road”. It was purely paperwork as the existing road (in the real world) will remain unchanged and the fenceline on my property will no longer be “in the middle of the road” and will become the legal boundaryline. It took me a whilet to get my head around it…

A bit different to your situation I think.

Cheers
    Sonja

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.