All Topics / Finance / where to start

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of meggsymeggsy
    @meggsy

hi I dont know if this is going to work for me as i am not working and on the unemployment and finding it hard to work due to my sleeping habbits so i was wondering is it at all possible for me to get some where for finiancial freedom any ideas most welcome thanks

Profile photo of MonopolyMonopoly
    @monopoly

Hi Meggsy,

Welcome to the forum!!!

Here’s the thing….you need to be alert, regardless of whether it is to go to work, or to make money. Sleeping is enjoyable, but it ain’t going to get you far.

Try to tackle one thing at a time, like remedying your sleeping habits, resetting your body clock perhaps to allow you more time to do what needs to be done, like get a job for starters!!!

Cheers,

Jo

Profile photo of elika7264elika7264
    @elika7264

Hi,

I agree with Monopoly.

Its a good move to spend time on this forum even if you don’t have the funding now to invest. Learn the craft first.

Secondly, regarding your sleep patterns — I can relate — I am completing some studies at the moment and found it great to work through the night and sleep during the day. That works OK if you live in a vacuum — but the rest of the world doesn’t. You really need to break out of that pattern.

Speak to your local GP. I am aware that there are sleep disorder clinics in Melbourne and probably also interstate. I don’t have any futher details but your doctor should be able to assist.

Once the sleeping problem if fixed, look at securing a job — and from there on, your next step is your first investment property.

So hang in there. [biggrin]

Regards,
    Helen[cap]

Profile photo of Fast LaneFast Lane
    @fast-lane

Get off your arse and get a job.

Profile photo of meggsymeggsy
    @meggsy

to g7 if i was sleeping ok i could but you dont have a brian to see theres a problem i see

Profile photo of wanting morewanting more
    @wanting-more

Hi Meggsy
    start small you are on the right track as you are reading this forum and thinking about things.
    If you cant sleep at night try reading some of the books that have been recommended on the site, some of them are great and some may put you to sleep.
    Some people are too judgemental – I always try to remember the old saying ” dont criticise someone unil you have walked in their shoes for a day”

good luck and most of all keep positive!
    cheers wanting more

Profile photo of emcdonaldemcdonald
    @emcdonald

dear meggsy,

i think the idea wanting_more had about reading some wealth creation ( or indeed any ) books is great, best of all a library card doesn’t cost you anything.

If you’re interested in making some money without having to physically hold a job, why don’t you try something like paid online surveys?

i haven’t got any personal experience with taking these surveys but it allows you to make some cash in you own time in your pyjamas if you feel like it. Alternatively jobs like ‘mystery shopper’ can give you some casual income.
    I’m not sure if we’re allowed to post internet addresses on here (dodgy advertisers) but if you would like some addresses for survey sites just PM me.
    enjoy your day.

e x

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

Meggsy :)

You need to read about Jamie McIntyre’s methods of “make money while you sleep” hehe. Actually, maybe if you have trouble sleeping, you could do a night-shift job.

If you currently have assets, you could probably flog ’em off, and invest in other assets- if you own a home, you could sell it and buy some CF+ places or something. If you have a car, you could sell it for a deposit.

But I doubt there is an easy way of making money if one starts off with little. Many on pi.com are not really much into working, so you might not get much in the way of work ethic advice. But the only way to start off doing investments is to work, or to inherit, or to have a marriage settlement. If you have to do it on your own- no inheritance, and no settlement, then you’ll probably have to work. Maybe once you’re in a routine, you’ll sleep better. Unemployment can be depressing, and many people probably get into bad sleeping patterns.

G7 said it differently than others might, but it seems to be the only way to “financial freedom” from your position- to work.

kay henry

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.