All Topics / General Property / Commercial rates

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of ToolsTools
    Participant
    @tools

Hi All,

Does a square metre rate for commercial property include GST and outgoings,or is this an individual thing,dependant on how the lease is worded???
    Tools

Profile photo of garrytasgarrytas
    @garrytas

Hi Tools

Generally commercial rents are net that is +gst,and the lessee pays the land tax,there are exceptions.
    Purchase prices are usually + GST but again there are exceptions,the owners can apply the margin scheme in some cases.If they are being advertised it should state + GST but there is a lot of confusion in this area so ask the question.
    regards
    Garrytas

[email protected] Always have cashflow positive Tasmanian commercial properties
    available

Profile photo of thecrestthecrest
    Participant
    @thecrest

Advertisers want your enquiry. They will usually quote the lowest figure in order to generate a phone call or email. Usually only rent is advertised. Ask for a complete list of all the outgoings, when they’re due, and who pays them.
    Query who pays maintenance on what, water costs, waste charges, insurances, copy of intended lease for you to add your intended changes (which is negotiable.) good luck
    cheers
    thecrest

thecrest | Tony Neale - Statewide Motel Brokers
    http://www.statewidemotelbrokers.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

selling motels in NSW

Profile photo of ToolsTools
    Participant
    @tools

Hi guys,thanks for your replies.I got a copy of the lease today which is a standard commercial lease from REIV.It looks like the tenant pays for just about everything……..just the way I like it!
    Tools

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.