All Topics / Help Needed! / Market trend

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of YorkerYorker
    @yorker

Which part of the Sydney market do you feel will cop the harshest effects of a downturn? House or unit?

(yorker, I’ve edited this, please don’t throw around emotive terms that might offend some users. richmond)

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

Yorker,

Obviously there are oversupplied areas of units- b-grade apartments that havde few differentiating qualities, that will suffer more than traditional housing stock in areas close to the city.

I am not sure why you are asking this question, given that you are the Chief Researcher of a major player in the RE market. Are you wanting our answers to form your opinion on this? Surely you have access to the kind of information you seek. Evidence of a slowdown in the innercity apartment market is already well-documented.

kay henry

Profile photo of FFCommFFComm
    @ffcomm

I would stay clear of inner city appartments thts for sure!

Esp. with a huge influx of appartments comming on to the market.

Rgds.
    Lucifer_au

Profile photo of gmh454gmh454
    @gmh454

As Kay said apartments are a given. I think a lot of ppl don’t understand Sydney’s apartment market. Some of those city Towers have a population that looks straight from Hong Kong.
    Definitley an over supply but this market will absorb more than most will ppl think.

I am worried about the high rise that has sprung up all round Sydney, not just the city. 300 Uniit blocks in Arncliffe, at least 6 towers in Parramatta over 20 storeys, with more on the plans, Liverpool towere and town houses and Apartments in Castle Hill etc.

As more houses disappear to make way for the denser developments it will help prop up house prices due their reduced supply. But apartments and townhouses, who knows where they will head.

I would’nt have any in my portfolio.

Profile photo of YorkerYorker
    @yorker

Just doing a bit of primary research with the people who are out there in the market.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.