All Topics / Help Needed! / how do you purchase ex-housing commission homes?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of jo45jo45
    @jo45

I wish to move to Darwin but I’m having alot of trouble finding a 3 b/r home roughly $150 000. The best idea I can come up with is to find a 3 B/R NT housing commission home and make an offer. Is there any one who can give me more info. on how to go about it? Do I approach them directly or do I have to wait till they auction the ones they don’t want?
    Please can someone tell me some thing?

Profile photo of CeliviaCelivia
    Participant
    @celivia

You might like to contact the Department of Housing to assist you.

Their website is http://www.housing.com.au – it says their website is under development right now, so you might need to contact them in another way.

Celivia

Profile photo of SonjaSonja
    @sonja

In my experience, the only way to buy an ex housing commission property is by public auction through a local REA of the commissions choosing. They only sell once their tenants have moved out so you don’t get to pick what becomes available for purchase. This is in NSW – not sure if it is different in other states.

Cheers
    Sonja

Profile photo of MTRMTR
    Participant
    @marisa

I just purchased ex-housing commission property in WA this was via RE Agent in the actualy area.

I actually contacted the Department of Housing but found “the right hand did not know what the left hand is doing”.
    Would agents in the area your seeking have any clues???

Profile photo of hudson66hudson66
    @hudson66

I have a friend who work for defence housing authority.. They might be worth a try too.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.