All Topics / General Property / Buyer’s Agent – low down!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of elika7264elika7264
    @elika7264

Hello All,
    has anyone used a buyer’s agent (buyer’s advocate) to purchase a property. Any positive or negative experiences. Was the fee worth it. Which company did you use. What are the things to watch out for.[blink][blink][blink][blink]

Regards,[biggrin]
    Helen

Profile photo of elika7264elika7264
    @elika7264

Hi all,
    haven’t received any replies to this thread. Really interested in getting your take on buyer’s agents.[blink][blink][blink][blink][blink][blink]

Hoping to hear from you.

Regards
    Helen

Profile photo of CastleDreamerCastleDreamer
    Participant
    @castledreamer

I’ll step in in the absence of any other forumite!!
    I have used a couple of members on this forum as buyers agents for me.
    I watched the forum for some time, interacted with them, met them, and got references and went with what I thought seemed OK. The deals have been good ones, and I am happy with their service. These guys are in NZ, and I would use them again if the right property for me came up that I could not find myself.
    You need to get references, get clear information about what a spotter will do for you, what you get from them, what legal agreement you enter into with them (when they sign the Contract to Purchase over to you) and stuff like that.
    A reputable buyer’s agent should not try and push you into using only the people they say you must (although they will help you by recommending good reputable independent solicitors, bankers, valuers, building inspectors whatever) A reputable buyer’s agent or spotter will not try and pin you down with a money up front no refund, unconditional contract. At the least you must be able to conduct your due diligence and make your own decision about whether to proceed with the deal.
    If you have an NZ interest there are several of us on the forum sourcing property on others behalf – Minimogul, Tasinvestor, Westan can all help out. Try PMing or Emailing them if serious about NZ.

Come on guys out there, some feedback about Aussie spotters would be helpful for elika!!!

Cheers
    CD

CastleDreamer
    “+CF properties in NZ available now, email CastleDreamer or Minimogul”

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.