All Topics / Help Needed! / Investment from abroad

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of cafall1cafall1
    Participant
    @cafall1

I am looking to purchase investment land or property in WA.
    I am not an Aussie Resident ( my application is very slowly winging its way through the system).
    Can anyone advise me as to whether i can purchase now or do i have to be an Aussie Citizen before i can do this???
    Or any advice would be a great help.
    Thanks

Profile photo of CastleDreamerCastleDreamer
    Participant
    @castledreamer

Hi there,
    i have friends who are not Aussies who have bought homes/houses here. Can’t imagine it would be to different for you, but you should probably check out the ATO site and you could ask an accountant I guess….

Cheers
    CD

CastleDreamer
    “+CF properties in NZ available now, email CastleDreamer or Minimogul”

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

Hi Cafall,

The best source of information is at the following website.

http://www.firb.gov.au/content/real_estate.asp

As Castledreamer said you will also need to look at the ATO website for tax related matters.

Derek
    [email protected]

Property Investment Support Available. Ongoing and never stopping. PM welcome.

Profile photo of squillionsquillion
    @squillion

Hi,
    If you are an overseas person, who is not being taxed in Australia, than under government policy, you need FIRB approval first (Foreign Investment Review Board) before purchasing any property here. Different conditions apply as to whether, you wish to purchase “off the plan”, existing residential property, or residential real estate for development. And whether you wish to purchase as your principle place of residence or as an investment.
    You can apply for this approval from and visit the government website on:
    [email protected] or phone FIRB on (02) 6263-3975 and they will put you right.

Hope this helps ! Good luck and welcome!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.