All Topics / Opinionated! / ‘In nature there’s no blemish but the mind’

Viewing 19 posts - 21 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

Hi Marc

it makes it very difficult to have a discussion with you as you constantly tell me what i thinking. No matter what i write you have this preconceived idea that i think this way or that way. You need to learn to listen to others and understand their point of view if you want to engage people, Let me explain
    you say

Don’t hold back because of an ill conceived notion that it is immoral to be prosperous

even after i have said

there is nothing wrong with having large, huge amounts of money. I actually agree with you.

It is quite annoying to be told that i think in a particular way , you have know idea what i think. You aren’t even listening to what i’m saying, your just taking the opportunity to go off onto your own tangent.

After all populist thinking stems from populist policies, like our Robin Hood Tax system.

Come on Now , Marc i don’t think you really have any idea what your talking about. Haven’t you realised that the tax system is designed to allow people of high net wealth to pay lower taxes. Its the poor suckers earning a salary who are paying the largest proportion of their income in tax. Some salary earners are paying over 40 cents in the dollar, while people like myself who lives of my investments can get away legally by paying next to nothing. For instance Half of all capital gains profits are tax exempt. Gee i’ve never heard of it as a Robin hood tax system.

cheers westan

I live in New Zealand and for a fee find cash positive deals there, email me at [email protected] to join our database

Profile photo of 1Winner1Winner
    Participant
    @1winner

Hi Westan.
    I am not surprised you are annoyed. In fact I think it is inevitable.
    You say I don’t know what you are thinking and you ae right.
    I don’t know your conscious thoughts, those you control entirely.

Yet I know from what you wrote that you have, like the majority do, an array of values that have been planted in your subconscious by… lets call it the environment, that are not serving you. Your comments about KP and other stereotypes give you away.

Of course since you are in business and not an employee dreaming of a social revolution, you must intellectualise and bend some of the mass misconceptions or you couldn’t live with yourself succeeding.
    I of course don not know in which way you have qualified the idea that “rich are evil”, but if hundred of others I have spoken with about this topic can be an example, most put a mental threshold to what is acceptable and it generally does not go much further than our own aspirations. Sort like a million a year is OK one billion is obscene, idea.

Don’t think for a moment that I am telling you off. I am just expressing some concepts that a) have been discovered long time ago, b) are explained and told by others much more elegantly than I can. c)unless someone else points this out to you, you or me or anyone else, would have difficulties realising it.

Find that book and give your prosperity conciousness a boost, or change your financial blue print like some like to say.

May God prosper you always.[biggrin]
    Marc

Profile photo of trisha007trisha007
    @trisha007

Hi Marc,

You say that values are planted in our subconscious by the environment.

To me values are what we are taught by our parents but also what we hold dear as human beings, ie some of our values are inherent and not given to us by anyone else – they are part of our spiritual makeup.

Society does not and never will determine MY value system

Trisha[biggrin]

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

Hi marc

you said

Yet I know from what you wrote that you have, like the majority do, an array of values that have been planted in your subconscious by… lets call it the environment, that are not serving you. Your comments about KP and other stereotypes give you away.

No i didn’t, all i said was i challenged you who said it was fine for people to blow 30 Million in One nite, i offered a different view that the money could have been used for so much good. i could never spend that money like that even if i was worth 8 Billion.

Of course since you are in business and not an employee dreaming of a social revolution, you must intellectualise and bend some of the mass misconceptions or you couldn’t live with yourself succeeding.

actually i retired at 39 and now have a number of business’ I disagree with your comments

I of course don not know in which way you have qualified the idea that “rich are evil”,

Once again i never said this. You are having a conversation with me that you have had with many other people i am not them.

Sort like a million a year is OK one billion is obscene, idea.

Marc what i’m on about is greed is BAD, if you have $10,000 and are greed it is wrong, if you have $1 million and are greedy that is wrong if you have $50 Billion and are greedy that is wrong. See the figures don’t matter.

Don’t think for a moment that I am telling you off.

No i don’t think that i just hear someone who is very passionate about something that is a new idea to them. Let me read this book then i’ll engage you about the ideas.

regards westan

I live in New Zealand and for a fee find cash positive deals there, email me at [email protected] to join our database

Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo

I just heard on the radio that Rivkin tried to commit suicide last night from a drug overdose and is now being treated in hospital.

I’ve found a way to help you save and earn whilst not selling or delivering any product. If interested, drop me an email or PM me to find out how

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

Back on topic, and thanks, geo.

I restate that Rivkin probably had his licence taken from his because it was widely said (by his family publicly in the Australian Story or whatever it was) that Rivkin was making poor business decisions and that his illness was compromising his judgement considerably. I am not sure what the licensing requires, but a “fit state” is probably one of the criterion. Probably the best way to work out this puzzle, would be to check out the actual decision that was made, and see what was said about his ability to make fit and proper decisions. Anyone got a link to the actual decision by ASIC?

I can’t see that this topic has anything to do with how one sees poverty or wealth… Noone is questioning Dick Smith’s or Gerry Harvey’s ability to do their job. I think it was the particular circumstances of Rene Rivkin’s situation that determined the ruling- not that anyone was making decisions based upon criminality nor upon bringing down a tall poppy.

Geo, yeah, there’s been a lot of media publicity about Rivkin’s suicide attempt. He has not been a well man for a long period of time now.

kay henry

Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo

Hey kay,

For some strange reason – he is reminding me of Mr Skase. It’s like Christopher Skase’s life is being repeated all over again.

I’ve found a way to help you save and earn whilst not selling or delivering any product. If interested, drop me an email or PM me to find out how

Profile photo of richmondrichmond
    Participant
    @richmond

Yeah except I think Rivkin is genuinely ill… I doubt Skase was.

@kay-henry

Skase died, richmond- how much more ill can anyone get?

kay henry

Participant
    @richmond

oh, good point, I’m clearly an absent minded fool hehehe…

okay then, so I can save some face… what about Bondy when he appeared “mentally ill” at his trials? I guess at least Bondy stayed and went to prison though, so maybe that redeems him slightly… mind you, he’s flying again these days and is making millions again…

cheers
    r

@kay-henry

Yes, Bondy did appear rather not at his best. He still did his jail term though. What gets me is that there are SO many ill people in jail, and the rich seek to use their mental health as an out, whereas the poor can’t do this to such an extent. I am not referring to the ones who are deemed “insane” (they go to a criminal psychiatric hospital anyway). I mean the ones who are ill and can seek to avoid going to prison. There are so many people inside prisons that self-harm and are spending much of their time in the psych wards within the jail. Jail could make anyone unwell, I think- depsite their mental health that they went in with. I think with Rivkin, the authorities have removed the socio-economic equation, and have decided he was “responsible” enough to have committed a crime with his knowledge.. but not “repsonsible” enough to be able to continue acting as a financial adviser.

I think Rivkin is probably hugely unwell, and I think the consequences (jail, deregistering of his licence) won’t help… but if he’s “sane” enough to have cosen criminal activity, then he had to do the time.

Many people with manic-depression are able to have a productive life (although no doubt made difficult by the illness) but I guess it’s not an excuse for criminal behaviour, unless that behavoiur occurred during a period of psychosis, and this wasn’t argued in Rivkin’s case- it was more discussed *after* he was found guilty.

kay henry

Profile photo of Andrew_AAndrew_A
    Participant
    @andrew_a
    Originally posted by richmond:

oh, good point, I’m clearly an absent minded fool hehehe…

okay then, so I can save some face… what about Bondy when he appeared “mentally ill” at his trials? I guess at least Bondy stayed and went to prison though, so maybe that redeems him slightly… mind you, he’s flying again these days and is making millions again…

cheers
    r

If you read Paul Barry’s books about Bondy you might not have this view. Bond is an even bigger crook than Skase and there is nothing at all redeeming in any of his actions I have seen. This notion that he gallantly served his time for the crime is misplaced.

Bond served a day for each million he stole from ordinary investors I understand.

WaySolid

“Write the wrongs that are done to you in sand, but write the good things that happen to you on marble.” Arab proverb

Profile photo of trisha007trisha007
    @trisha007

It seems to me, Mr Rivkin is just a poor misguided soul who cannot find his way in this life.
    He appears to be a very unhappy person and I hope and pray he finds what he is looking for, wherever he has to end up.

Trisha[cap]

Participant
    @richmond

If you notice I said redeem “slightly”… also, Paul Barry is not quite the journo he makes himself out to be…

Profile photo of gatsbygatsby
    @gatsby

“Do not tempt him oh shallow ones! Is not the miracle of the Juniper bush enough?”
    Cheers,
    Gatsby!

Profile photo of gatsbygatsby
    @gatsby

Hi Trisha,
    apparently 6 foot under. That’s the nature of the beast suffering from bipolar disorder.
    Cheers,
    Gatsby.

Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

“leave to God the judging “

-well said. Re: rivkin, michael jackson, etc etc
    We don’t really KNOW. we haven’t been asked to do jury duty. we only know the press releases. Why do we care about rivkin, jackson, jon-benet, whether the dingo ate the baby.

we should be too busy with our own lives, families, passions, kids, projects, plans, dreams, goals

joy to the world

Profile photo of SuperTedSuperTed
    @superted

What Rene did was chicken feed compared to the “ramping” and other tactics large broking houses employ daily.

Rene’s prosecution had more to do with him being Rene Rivkin.

And yes I am a trader, so I can look at the situation for what actaully happened rather then someone that wants a tall poppy cut down (which is most people that read the media bias or see pictures of Rene on his boat).

Profile photo of wayneLwayneL
    @waynel

Couldn’t agree more Ted.

There is insider trading every single day on the ASX…and for a lot more consideration than what would have probably only bought one of Rene’s Havana cigars.

Viewing 19 posts - 21 through 39 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.