All Topics / Opinionated! / Abundant Information

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of kay-witkay-wit
    @kay-wit

Sometimes I have a problem of taking in information and making a decision, as there is so much information on web sites books seminars etc etc etc . (Not that I have attended heaps of seminars and bought heaps of books) but for eg reading these forums ..

And the problem is once I start reading information I tend to get more confused and cannot comprehend things sometimes as it seems that everyone has a different opinion, suggestion. I have tried to filter information and things are better. I tend to ignore information, which is not necessary to me which works sometimes and I can focus on information that is needed.

Is anyone having a similar problem? Any suggestions would be appreciated to improve this problem

Cheers

kay

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

Hi Kay,

My advice to you now is to step back and analyse what people have said as it relates to you, your situation, your aspirations, your risk factors, your financial position, your time frame etc

For every sound, well structured case for investment strategy ‘A’ there will be an equally sound, well structured case for investment strategy ‘B’ and so on. Ultimately you need to know what is right for you with respect to the aforementioned matters.

A ‘time out’ from more information is important as you sound as if you need some time to digest what you have read, seen, heard and believe. A discussion with a property savvy accountant and broker will be invaluable to you at this stage of proceedings.

Once you have sorted yourself out then you may gain something from finding other investors with whom you can network. Likeminded people can be invaluable to you as you move along your journey.

Hope this helps.

Derek
    [email protected]

Property Investment Support Available. Ongoing and never stopping. PM welcome.

Profile photo of elika7264elika7264
    @elika7264

Hi Kay,

There seem to be as many opinions as there are people.[confused2] Are you new to property. It appears as if you are trying to take too much in and are suffering information overload.[blink] I think you need to focus down on a few issues rather than trying to absorb all possible information.[eh]

This forum is great if you have already reached a comfort zone in terms of establishing your investor profile. If you are really green to investing, then reading the postings on this forum could appear confusing, difficult to comprehend. The advantage of this forum is the depth and breadth of information you are exposed to. But for a newbie it could appear daunting.[ohno]

Perhaps you should just “take time out” to consolidate your understanding of property. Read a couple of books; start identifying areas you want to invest in; speak to a few agents; establish if you are into negatively or positively geared property; start to understand the differences between loan products — and then TAKE ACTION.

In my view, experience provides the best education. The other thing is — at each step of your investment journey send a post through to the Forum if unsure of some aspect or just wanting confirmation of a strategy. So go for it[biggrin]

Hope this helps.[cap]

Regards,
    Helen

Profile photo of Fast LaneFast Lane
    @fast-lane

Yes, this condition is known as ‘information constipation'[dunny] or ‘analysis paralysis'[wacko]. Everyone suffers from it in varying degrees at one time or another. Dont worry too much, it happens to everyone and sooner or later you’ll emerge from the fog with the path and direction that is best for you. Hope this helps…G7

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.