All Topics / Value Adding / DEVELOPERS LICENCE

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of PiperPiper
    @piper

Hi All
    In Victoria, anyone knows what is the requirement to get a developers licence9 i assume a licence is required) or do you fall into the definition if you do a small development of say(? 4 units).
    2/ Would pure subdivision of some property make you a developer or subject you to some licensing requiremnets?
    TQ/Piper

Profile photo of Michael RMichael R
    @michael-r

I am unaware of a “developers license” in Victoria – or anywhere for that matter.

A “developer” is typically someone who conceives a project, then employs licensed people/companies to implement specific phases of that project, i.e. architect, quantity surveyor, building contractor, etc.

For tax and liability reasons it is advisable that the developer conduct such projects under a company structure – you would need to discuss the most beneficial structure with your lawyer and accountant.

— Michael

Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo

Simplest form is to either contact a builder and ask them personally on this or contact the builder’s association.

Kind Regards,
    George.

I’ve found a way to help you save and earn whilst not selling or delivering any product. If interested, drop me an email or PM me to find out how

Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo

Hi again,

check this out – it could be of some help.

http://propertyinvesting.com/forum/topic/12291.html

Kind regards,
    George.

I’ve found a way to help you save and earn whilst not selling or delivering any product. If interested, drop me an email or PM me to find out how

Profile photo of ToolsTools
    Participant
    @tools

There is no such thing as a developer’s licence in Victoria.Anyone can be a developer without any qualifications or licencing.If,however,you wanted to undertake some building works without engaging a builder,you would need to be a registered builder.Subdivision of land does not require a licence of any sort,but you would have to use licenced surveyors etc to do it for you.
    Tools

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.