Viewing 7 posts - 21 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

I was extremely tempted to enter the Aussie Market a few months ago. I am so glad I didn’t.
    6 and a bit percent yields seem to be standard, with maybe 7 percent if you’re lucky, or perhaps do a reno. But that’s not enough (for me!) to break even. I’ve been spoilt by 20 percent plus yields in NZ which I created by doing renos.

And capital gains? well, i reckon capital losses could be possible. And for a 7 percent return I’m just not prepared to take the risk. Sure, Q’land long term is gonna be just find and boom away, but for the short term and possibly the next couple of years I think I can wait a bit and not miss out, if you get what I mean.

Right now, the very properties I was looking at are being marketed with slogans like “WOODRIDGE Another Crazy Price Drop !”

Kingston being the area I was thinking about purchasing in. And Woodridge being a similar area. I dunno, never been there. but I hear they are areas in transition. I was using a bird-dog in the area and when the time is right I will use a bird-dog again. The same one!

Meanwhile I am still loving NZ for growth AND yields!

cheers-
    Mini

joy to the world

Profile photo of trisha007trisha007
    @trisha007

Hi all,

Westan are all those you purchased +CF?
    How can you purchase so many in so little time?

Trisha

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

Hi trisha

Westan are all those you purchased +CF?
    How can you purchase so many in so little time?

First answer- Yes all cash positive
    secondly- how did i do it so quickly. We those who have been around for a long time (over 18 months) on the forum will be sick of me saying this but this is how.
    About March last year i realised i couldn’t buy cash positive anymore in OZ so i looked at NZ and loved the opportunities. At that time i had about 25 houses in oZ that i’d been buying since 1997, they were all cheap properties (all i could afford) fortunatly for me they had risen a lot over the past few years but the rents hadn’t. So i started selling them and cashing up for a few NZ invasions. The first time i took my 10 year old son and we bought 3, about 10 weeks later i took my wife and we bought 7, then we moved over here to NZ in Dec 2003 to make the most of the dwindling opportunities.
    I’m still selling in OZ only got about 7 left and will prepare for my next BIG investmnet attack which i’m still investigating, if it proves to be good it will be as good as NZ was 12 months ago, actually maybe even better. But too early to say it could all turn to nothing. Will let everyone know when i am comfortable. As i did with New Zealand 15 months ago.

Sorry got of the track a bit there.
    regards westan

I live in New Zealand and for a fee find cash positive deals there, email me at [email protected] to join our database

Profile photo of trisha007trisha007
    @trisha007

Have you sourced any good deals in QLD? it depends of course on what you can find in regards to NZ vs QLD.

Westan did you get my email (sorry if im offtrack)

[blush2]Trisha

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

Hi trisha

no i’ve never bought in QLD, nothing against investing there , it just didn’t happen. I was looking seriously at Logan area about 18 months ago but got distracted by NZ and never did anything.
    And yes sorry i got your email, will get back to soon, sorry i’m a bit behind as i had a bit of Tonsilitus (its Yucky- had a week sick) and will catch up on things now

regards westan

I live in New Zealand and for a fee find cash positive deals there, email me at [email protected] to join our database

Profile photo of lemziplemzip
    @lemzip

Wow thanks guys for all your input, i love reading everyones replys it keeps me excited about this new advenger. I know that n.z is the place to invest (for me anyway) i have found properties that sell for 50k-60k that rent at 120-140 mark and i will let you al know when i purchase one and how it all went.
    thanks for ya input.[exhappy]

Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo

good on you lemueltipene.

if you find properties, then maybe you should become an agent – its another way for you to make money on the side…

I’ve found a way to help you save and earn whilst not selling or delivering any product. If interested, drop me an email or PM me to find out how

Viewing 7 posts - 21 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.