All Topics / Help Needed! / The little things tenants love…

Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Profile photo of Ali GAli G
    Participant
    @ali_g

Milly,

I totally agree with you about washers, light bulbs etc. It amazes me that tenants would call a PM to have such things fixed. Security, on the other hand, I believe should be ‘reasonable’. I am by no means a nervous nelly but the lock on this particular door is hopeless! If I did not have a deadlock on my current door I would not care as the house is secure anyway.

Another thing I think tenants love is a gardener if the property comes with a large garden. Also, internet cabling is a biggie. For many people this is now seen as a necessity (just ask some forumites!!).

Finally, more than anything else tenants just want to feel like the place is their home, so a not-too-nosy landlord who treats the tenants with respect and affords them the privacy they deserve is invaluable!

Cheers,

Ali G

PS: ‘ey Milly, me would digd me in da movie too. Do yous dig to come around to my pad and natta property wiv me? [suave3]

Profile photo of Peter SpannPeter Spann
    @peter-spann

As many have said I would reserve the $1,500 largely for instant repairs or special requests although many of the suggestions made are great.
    It is well known that I give all my tenants a gift when they move in (I think there is a whole thread on it somewhere), on the move in anniversary and at Christmas to thank them for looking after my property (presuming they do).

Profile photo of 1Winner1Winner
    Participant
    @1winner

Wow, so many good ideas…

Ali G, ring up your insurance company and ask if they insure your content without a deadlock on the door and locks on all windows. I don’t know where you live but in Sydney the answer will be no. The home rented must be insurable and that is for the landlord to provide.

A good quality dead lock from Locksmith is around $70 to $120, depending on model, and you can buy a cheap Chinese for $30, (not recommended, may be left locked out or in).

Monopoly, I have one of those towel racks in my bathroom but it does not heat up the towels at all, unless I roll it tight around the heating bar. I was very disappointed at that, perhaps there are better models available, I don’t know but this one was the big super dooper but no joy …[angry2]

May God prosper you always.[biggrin]
    Marc

Profile photo of drec0007drec0007
    @drec0007

As a recent tenant house hunting the 3 things we checked for were heating/cooling, built in wardrobes and adjustable shower nozzles.

As most places have built-ins we haven’t bothered to buy wardrobes so it makes it alot easier if the next place has built-ins too.

The shower nozzle thing is due to my hubby being tall, but its always nice to be able to have the shower the way you like it.

Good luck!

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

The important ones for me- when i was a tenant

Storage (house or caport/shed, everyone ‘accumalates stuff’)

Security (of house, vehicle and shed items)

Warmth in winter

Cool in Summer

Low maintenence garden

Good lighting, not dark and gloomy

And…a good stove/ oven in the kitchen.

Throw in some good neighbours..and i’m happy [biggrin]

REDWING

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”
    Count The Currency With This Online Positive Cashflow Calculator

Profile photo of Mad-CatMad-Cat
    @mad-cat

Im not to shore what people think but perhaps allow pet in the place as long as the pet owner is relieable and it not a rotwheeler. but i see no problem with small dogs or cats.

As for the pitures even if they leave the wall looking like a fireing range how hard is it to fill in the bullet holes any way. and if it makes and stay longer then it all worth it.

Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.